Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Too early to smoke homegrowns?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by J.Wallace, Nov 18, 2009.

1. So, my contact says he has some home growns that were harvested yesterday. This guy is always reliable so I'm gonna buy from him regardless if this is not his usual bud. I'm curious though, do you think it will be too harsh to smoke? Only reason I ask is because I'm buying 2 bags for some friends and I don't want it to smoke terribly and give them the wrong impression of my bud. So, newly harvested home growns...what do you think? He said he'll hook me up good b/c of the waterweight. I've been buying from him for awhile so I trust him (I've known him longer than I've been buying from him, good kid). Just wanted to get your opinions on this. What would you do?

I'm pretty sure its an auto flowering White Russian strain, for those wondering specifics.

2. Did they hang it at all or did the plant literally come down yesterday?

If you're getting the product totally undried/uncured do yourself a favor and dry/cure it yourself - otherwise its gonna mold and before it molds it'll smoke like shit.

3. The guy he is getting this from is a good grower, I've met him plenty of times and seen his set-up. Its a quality set-up so I know its not bad bud. I know the grower always hangs it up and cures it but I'm not sure how long he did it for this batch. All he said was it was harvested yesterday. Now that I think of it I should have asked if it was cured yet. He said it has water weight still, so he is hooking the bags up 2x as usual. I'm guessing this means its not fully cured, so what should I do with the bud when I get it? I smoke using a Vaporstar, so would it be safe to smoke it when I get it or should I let it dry a little? What about the bud I'm giving to my friend, what should I tell him to day? I know he wants to smoke it today, and I warned him it might be a little harsh b/c its fresh.

4. If the grower tells you he just harvested yesterday and it still has water weight that pretty much means he just chopped it down.

Get some string and hang the buds for 3 days, then trim them further and stick them in mason jars - burp them every day and ater 30 days your good to go.

You can smoke it before then but its not gonna be great - Vaporizing is pretty much same thing, I recommend you pre-vape it a bit at like 200 degrees to dry it out a bit then bump up to full heat and enjoy

5. Having smoked to much undry bud :p I say, if it was hung, then cut n now a day fresh for sitting out to cure it wont be harsh if its nugs, but truely a waste. What i've realized is smoking updry bud just gives u a bad cerebral migrane (best way to explain it), it makes you think your getting high but really once u think about it your not n your head just hurts lol if that makes sense. Also, freshly cut weed weighs like 1/4 the actual weight which is real shitty, so make sure the buds not SUPERRRR green, when u break it up make sure the insides arnt wett wett, like u get the smell of sap instead of trichs. And possibly try out a bowl b4 hand? If all else fails, just buy the shit n leave it out w/a fan for a day or 2 n see if its differant. Best of luck, hope its good :smoking:

6. Alright man, thanks for the help, really appreciated.

7. Dont buy freshly harvest crops. Its not worth it.

You will pay for an 8th. and in 1-2days it will way like 2gs. then 1g. Wet buds loose ALOT OF weight.

If you do go and buy this stuff. hang it upside down to dry in a dark place with a small fan blowing. for a few days.
    Then take the buds put into mason jars and store in a dark place. Opening twice aday to stir them up and release stale air.

The longer you keep them in the mason jars in the dark. the better and smoother the smoke.

the whole drying and curing process takes at least a month for best results.

8. Does it really loose that much weight? He said he is gonna double the bags for me, but I'm not so sure I want to buy these if its not worth it. He said to grind it up and leave it in a grinder for a day or two. but eh, I don't know. What do you think?

9. First of all, if he just cut it, Good luck grinding it lol

2nd, Id buy it and just cure it properly over the next month. if you want weed to smoke now, dont get this.

Me and a friend got what looked like a half ounce of bud cut RIGHT off the plant, we tried drying it but failed, Friend ended up sellin it for a little cheaper.

10. i say just buy from someone else, its not personal and im sure the guy would understand, then you can buy this bud once its cured