Too Early to Induce?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JMFDub, May 24, 2010.

1. Hey guys, my plant has shown it's female preflowers for a few days now, and I was planning to induce flowering in a few more days. It's about two feet tall, and a little more than a month old. Can anyone provide some input as to how long flowering will take, if my plant is ready, and how much I might yield from this plant?

Attached Files:

2. Just as with anything in life, it's hard to just guess what a plant is going to do. I wish I could know from the time I look at my clones what the plants were going to do. That would make me know whether I was wasting my time or not. LOL

You should be starting the flowering around the time when the plants about a half a foot high. This allows the plants to be ready for the growth spurt and to take in the nutes they need to take in.

But if you want to have the biggest harvest, you need to start flowering when the plants are a foot high - bigger is better in this case. Same reasons.

The plant will continue to grow for two to four weeks after you induce flowering, giving you even more of a heavy yield at the end

Then there's the whole question of strong light, too strong of light, etc. Plants just react in different ways. If you give em too strong of light, they might not yield as much, for example - which seems to be contradictory to me.

So, you're on the right track, it seems. Now, flowering can take anywhere from four weeks to twelve weeks, with the most growth happening in the first month. So, you have a ways to wait if you want to have the max yield - IMHO.

And no idea, sorry, about the yield. So many factors can affect it, so it's hard to come up with a concrete number.

GL :smoke:

3. looks good man. mind me asking why you cut the leaves if its outside?ive seen ppl do it inside but outside?just a question

4. When I first did it, it made it pretty inconspicuous, and it allowed a little more sunlight to get to areas that weren't getting much.

Also, I don't know if this is true or not, but I'm pretty sure I remember reading that cutting of the tips off the leaves leaves a smaller area for a higher concentration of resin.

I don't think it matters either way, but it does help the sketch factor, for sure.