Too early to flower?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hegro8282, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Hey first grow in 2' by 4' by 5' tall using 400mh for veg and hps for flower. I have been doing some lst and just curious if now is a good time to flip to 12/12 or wait awhile. Just used bag seeds so number of plants will cut down when they show. Thanks in advance for any advice

image-2823831971.jpg

image-1145109966.jpg

image-4026806143.jpg

2. I'm not sure of strain or anything and definitely don't want to outgrow my tent is why I'm asking. This is just a test grow to see how it goes... I have fem seeds on the way from attitude so just figuring things out this time

3. nice plants man. i think they're big enough to flower

4. flower away star

5. Thanks man I appreciate the quick response

6. Haha sweet! That's all I needed to hear!

7. probally get 1/3 the size it is now when flowered out.you be the judge when,go for the max to make up for males,if you have any...

8. Opposing opinion! Ha-ha! Wait 2 weeks, then flower! Your yield will be a good 75% higher because of this! Just my opinion on the situation! You can either go say.... 14 wks or 16 wks and increase your yield drastically... Why would you not do this? Lol! IMHO!!! Either way... Happy Growing:)

9. You really think 75% higher waiting? If that's the case then ill wait for sure. I am in no hurry just want to make sure I don't get too tall for my tent cause I got nowhere else for them to live

10. #10 baumeister, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2013
    looking good. healthy, LST looks reasonable. pretty average size to start flowering. the plants will likely stretch to 2-3 times their size during flowering, thats 2-3 times the length of the main stalk if you were to straighten it out, not the height of the plants. you can still tie them down as they stretch.
    2 weeks longer in veg wont give you 75% more yield. it will give you roughly as much more bud as the plants will grow within those 2 weeks, but thats not 75%... probably more like 20, maybe 30, dunno about your growth rates. plant 20% bigger at switch to 12/12 ---> ~20% bigger yield. at least thats what Im rather sure of without having data or enough experience to back it up. the other guy didnt make too good a point about the 75% though... ^^

11. Your plants will flower now but your yield will be very low... Plants in veg grow very fast... 2 weeks makes a big difference! Bigger plants=Bigger yields:) Period... Wait the time and flower at 20 inches or more! Doesn't look like your there yet?

12. Thank you for the thorough explanation. That's exactly what I needed. I have one more question about the lst. When I start flowering should I continue the lst and keep the top tied down or untie and let the plant stand straight up again? I've done a lot of research but that's one thing that hasn't been clear to me

13. I should be more clear, I know u said I can keep them tied down as they stretch but does that mean I can keep them tied during the whole flowering process or eventually I should let them loose

14. keep them tied down, better yet keep tying them down to keep an even canopy. even if you were to remove the strings, they would still stay in pretty much the same position, but they give stability