Too dry?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by ChiefFuzzyNutts, Jan 16, 2012.

1. So I chopped my girl down about a week ago
    Slaved over her, trimming her up
    Left hanging in room with fan ( on low and not directly blowing on bud)
    From what I've researched, almost perfect conditions:
    No light
    70 F
    48% humidity

To my understanding you should hang 7-10 days
    But by day 4 the buds were really dry.
    You could pinch any bud and it would just crumble
    I packed a bowl to test and it burned up really quick

So I jarred everything to start the curing process.
    I've read two separate things that I am curious about:

1- that over a week or so in jars that even if the seem too dry they can get stick/ moist

2- or add apple slice/ bread/ orange slice/ wet qtip/ and so many more...

Any input welcome

2. Okay so I just realized there is another thread almost exactly the same :)-

3. Yeah the moistness should come back with time in the jars. Should dry more like two or three days not 7 to 10.

4. So I am trying to avoid introducing any moister back into the jars (the millions of ways I've heard how to do so)
    Its been curing for about 17 days now
    From what I hear it should go AT LEAST 28 days (1month)
    And I am aware of this
    However, when I burp the jars I check the buds and they seem to be just as dry as before.
    Should I just wait till the 1 month mark and if I feel it's still too dry, try and get some moister back in?

* I am aware that too dry is better than too wet
    And that dealers used those methods to add weight back into the stash

I'm just concerned cause I packed a few bong hits about 4 days ago and it burns instantly (clean grey ash)

It does go down smooth though.
    Doesn't matter how hard I hit I won't cough. (don't really understand this)
    Doesn't taste bad, doesn't taste good

Any input welcome

5. it isnt going to remoisture itself in the next 2 weeks if its dry as fck right now

6. You dried to quickly. That's all. Don't use a fan next time, and try to get your temps down to low 60's. Leave small fan leaves on to slow down dry times and protect the glands. Instead of cutting up each bud, leave the plant whole, or half. The moisture in the stems will take longer to evaporate allowing your buds to dry longer and allow the chlorphyll to escape.

7. [quote name='"420patient"']Yeah the moistness should come back with time in the jars. Should dry more like two or three days not 7 to 10.[/quote]

I concur I do a 3 -5 day cause my room is 60-70 degrees and humidity is around 50 percent.. Then cut and put into jars to cure 3 weeks min.. George Cervantes from high times states that you hang dry until the stems snap then at that point you put into jars to cure

8. try puttin lettuce in ur mason jar, i had the same problem n it worked. leave it in there for 12 hours when u go back to it all ur buds will b moist again becuz the weed sucks the moisture outta the lettuce. the lettuce will wilt n ur buds will b moist again.

9. I saw 7-10 days and almost fainted... I NEVER let mine hang for more than three days, but I burp mine a lot, usually hang for two days on stem, then trim and cure, with a really steady burping.

10. [quote name='"xSpecialEDx"']

I concur I do a 3 -5 day cause my room is 60-70 degrees and humidity is around 50 percent.. Then cut and put into jars to cure 3 weeks min.. George Cervantes from high times states that you hang dry until the stems snap then at that point you put into jars to cure[/quote]

Sounds about right.

11. That sucks man. I bet your buds would be a lot more pungent and taste better if you slow down that dry time. 3 days is guaranteed to make your buds taste like nothing.

12. I guess it's different strokes for different folks but I couldn't imagine drying for less than week. Just seems to rushed in my opinion. If your bud is too dry the best things to add to the jar would either be lettuce or better yet a fresh Ganj leaf.

Nothing but hay haha.

13. If you over dry after harvest, or burp it too often during the cure, then there is no chance of getting that pungent dank smella nd taste

14. The same thing happened to me once. My buddies told me to put a slice of bread in the jar. It only took a few hours and it made it like it just came off the plant.

Good Luck