Too bushy? Too short? Too young to figure out sex?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CMIYC, Jun 21, 2018.

1. I'm curious.. this little one is getting very bushy.. is this normal? Some of the fan leaves are grazing the soil.. Also, is it too early to figure out sex? I guessed female buuuut I'm obviously not sure......

Attached Files:

2. You can't tell sex yet (usually), I sure can't from the pics you provided. You may want to look into pruning/trimming/LST etc. for the proper management to increase yields.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I thought I posted this pic with the first one lol.. can you tell here?

4. When should I start flowering? Shes 8 weeks old rn.. I was thinking of waiting another 4 weeks..?.. Thoughts?

5. Lol ok lol

6. Going to try topping and some removing of a few leaves.. do you recommend anything?

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Ok, thanks :)

8. JUST went and looked.. I'm sure you're right :)

Attached Files:

9. From pic it looking like you got a female.?? Just keep your eye on her???

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

10. But that does look like two leaves coming out at the node. So that is usually a sign of a male

11. Nope; I've had identical clones show even/odd leafing patterns. I just can't explain it, but that's not a sexual characteristic as the clones were female.

12. I had a guy tell me you can't get a male to clone. Not sure why anyone would want to. He does it to try and figure out the sex and he goes by that when they are ready they will show
    Looking nice though

13. Definitely male Double checked this morning... At least I'm gaining some seeds to grow with later..? He was stunted the first few weeks so another go around with the same strain should be fun.

14. You can only get seeds if you also have a female that gets pollinated by this male.

First to third grow. From beginner to novice lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. I had a guy tell me you can't get a male to clone.

That guy is wrong, don't listen to him. Plants are plants and most can be propagated. In fact I'd posted this video earlier for someone else. Have a watch.