Too big?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by barcodelxix, Oct 10, 2010.

1. I was wondering if a inline fan be too big for your space? :confused:

2. I know bigger is better but is there a point where its too big.

3. What are you smoking and what do you see my friend????

If your asking if an inline fan is to big for your space.. what size space? Plenty of growers use inline fans for indoor grows especially for carbon filters.

Lay the joint down my friend and then clear your head before you type... and never garden this stoned :D

4. #4 barcodelxix, Oct 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2010
    Im not stoned. Its a pretty simple question. Can you have a inline fan for what ever size space someone has weather its 8x8x8 10x10x10 whatever, is there a limit for being too big. Dont read so hard dude. My space is 4x4x4 and I got an 8 inline fan for free with 745cfm and want to hook it to my cool tube and a inline filter. And I have a speed control for it Why is it in all these forums people act like jerks. Like they say in school NO QUESTION IS A STUPID QUESTION. Even if its been asked a thousand times. People come in these forums to learn ya know. 21 views and only 1 answer, come on.

5. With a speed control your fan will work just fine. Happy growing!

6. The problem with your original question was this:

I was wondering if a inline fan be too big for your space? [​IMG]

1) Please use correct English when asking a question: "I was wondering if a inline fan be too big for your space?" It's hard to understand what your asking..... honestly read your question aloud and ask yourself DO I MAKE SENSE???? If I responded no an inline fan is not to big for my space how the hell would that help YOU out?

2) I'm attempting to help you and your comment of "Why is it in all these forums people act like jerks." does not show your trying to get help but troll so be careful on trying to pounce on someone trying to help YOU.

3) Don't you think on adding some information such as your grow space and the fan you got and what you want to use it for might make answering a comment/phrase/question (or what you might classify your original post as) a little easier for us jerky forum people.

4) To answer your question that you posted"My space is 4x4x4 and I got an 8 inline fan for free with 745cfm and want to hook it to my cool tube and a inline filter. And I have a speed control for it: " Ummm huh? What size fan, an 8? What is your intake? If your just running an exhaust off this inline fan it might be a bit much; but if you have speed control and lets say your intake is a simple PC fan then you can control your exhaust so no its not to big. But if you have no intake then yes your inline fan would be overkill.

7. I have a 4 inch intake with a 4 inch booster fan on top and a 6 inch intake at the bottom with no fan. Im alittle bit stressed because I cant smoke and have to jump through legal hoops for a year because and my fricken ex stepdaughter. IM SO PISSED!!!

8. Dude I feel for ya there man with the family issues. Luckily my first marriage had no children so when we split it was like we both just faded away from each other. So good luck man!

You should be fine on the inline then. When you say you ahve a 6'' intake with no fan do you mean just a 6'' hole or 6'' intake fan without an extra fan to help feed it? If no fan I would add one there to help reduce unwanted odors. If just a simple fan you should be fine.

If you feel your not getting adequate circulation you might add some fans in your grow area to help push air around the grow.

Good luck on the grow and the ex stepdaughter.

9. Its just a hole but I do have a fan for it. Sorry for the attitude, lots of stress when you have to stop smoking right now or else jail and I do not want to sit for 5 to 10 years ya know. So I got probation and piss tests and N/A classes for a year. Me and the wife are just fine. Its her daughter who ratted my grow out to the cops. She never lived with us but does every drug under the sun. She a big crack head. Right now I just grow for her. The stuff REALLY helps with her migraines. Thanks alot.:) I cant wait for June to come and this legal stuff will all be over.

10. Sent you a PM; but for your grow I would recommend plugging that hole with either a fan or just tape to insure no smell is getting out.

I wish it was simple as in June that it would be legal for all of us and we never have to worry about prosecution of a damn flower. But until the Federal government gives us a thumbs up we'll still be prosecuted or treated like a third rate citizen for marijuana usage or growing. Hell it's the same for brewing your own beer.. 100 gallons only a year (yes its alot of beer; but why limit it.. oh because competition for the beer companies who are taxed by the government so loss of "earnings...)

RAMBLING.. sorry ;)