Tony Blair

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SmokinP, Sep 5, 2010.

1. #1 SmokinP, Sep 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2010
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tony got a nice welcome to Dublin today on the start of the publicity tour for the launch of his book of memoirs -"Tony Blair, A Journey"

Four men have been arrested following a protest in Dublin city centre this morning where former British prime minister Tony Blair held a public book signing, the first since his memoirs were released this week.

Mr Blair arrived at the Eason store on O'Connell Street shortly after 10.30am. Shoes, eggs and bottles were thrown toward him as he arrived.

Several hundred anti-war protesters staged a demonstration opposite the shop amid tight Garda security.

A bottle and some smaller missiles were thrown when a motorcade of three silver BMWs and a blacked-out minivan pulled up to the book store and then left. A number of minor scuffles took place throughout the protest, and the four men were arrested by gardaí as a result.

Four arrested over protest at Tony Blair book signing - The Irish Times - Sat, Sep 04, 2010

Blair was instrumental in the N Ireland peace process but imo his legacy is destroyed by his support of GWB on his Middle East crusades..

He is now unbelievably employed as a "Peace Envoy" of sorts to the Middle East..:confused:

Just curious as how other blades view Blair ?

2. He's certainly a popular fellow, isn't he?

3. They should make a game show where famous politicians get up and try to see if they can do the 'George W. Bush shoe-dodge'. :smoking: And all the money that the politicians win can go to charity or some shit.

I bet they would get some good ratings.

4. Blair is Bush's literate, yet equally evil twin.

If he comes to America, we can pelt him with salmonella infested eggs.

We just recalled 30,000,000 of them in anticipation of Bush's book tour.

5. Blair is cunt. His government oversaw massive increases in the security state in the UK. Video cameras everywhere, hundreds of new laws that take away the liberties of the British people and the support one of the most terrible, unnecessary and unjust war in US and British history.

6. I don't much about what he did domestically in the U.K., but didn't he recently apologize for going to Iraq or something? I thought I heard something about that, maybe I was just high, I dunno.

Anyway, if he apologized for his part in that shitshow, I'll give him a couple of brownie points.

7. who says 9 years is too late for an apology? terrorists, that's who.

8. He was Great Britain's Guiliani with his implementation of a ridiculous, paranoid, sanitized security state, and certainly Bush's lapdog. So in my heart I know he's a flaming douchebag riding a turd-encrusted rocket-sled to the wrong side of the history books.

But he guest-starred on The Simpsons, and that makes him at least a little bit cool. Just a little.

[​IMG]

9. #9 PastorOfMuppets, Sep 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2010
    Also, there's this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orp9qCaj8Bw&NR=1"]YouTube- Bush and Blair at the gay bar.[/ame]