Tony Blair 'visited Libya to lobby for JP Morgan'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by xmaspoo, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Tony Blair 'visited Libya to lobby for JP Morgan' - Telegraph

I thought this was an interesting piece, it helps to summarize the whole Libya fiasco unfolding now. Former PM of Britain is a paid lobbyist for big banking, looking to get JP's hands on some of the 70 billion. The whole situation is a huge mess.

It will be interesting to see what else comes out of Qaddafi's files that comes back to embarrass the U.S. and U.K.

2. Banking interests and Ghaddafi's wanting to nationalize Libya's water, oil, and central bank had NOTHING to do with the invasion of Libya!

Go back to sleep! ;)

3. Funny thing is, there are still apologists (mostly on the left) for the Libyan conflict. They're in the same phase the Neo-cons were post 9/11.

4. But... but Obama is working with the UN to avoid a humanitarian disaster :rolleyes:

If we hadn't gone in and seized control of the oil fields with a puppet government Qaddafi might still be torturing people that CIA/MI6 sent to him.

I am more concerned about the blowback concerning Libya then any previous war-mongering done by the U.S. The precedent set by Obama blowing off Congress in favor of NATO and the U.N. is not to be taken lightly.

Entangling alliances are how massive wars are started, anybody remember WW1?

5. Yeah I never understood why people actually thought Gaddafi was just murdering people at random. The pro-Obama/Libya bombings were probably basing their opinions on the word of the same "news" media that duped us into the Persian Gulf War and Iraq War.

The "rebels" were trying to overthrow the Government of Libya...I'd imagine if "rebels" tried that in ANY country, there would be causalities...