Tongue-Thai'd...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by bUdMoNkEy, Jan 3, 2004.

1. ...a couple of years ago i was fortunate enough to spend 7 weeks arsing around thailand...more specifically the southern islands...scoring cheap thai stick, drinkin speed punch and eatin their version of magic mushees. I decided to take the overnight sleeper train back up to Bangkok (i'd got an overnight bus down - a nightmare that i never want to repeat) before heading over to another small island; ko chang; near the cambodian border. So before i leave the islands i pack my stuff and find i still have half a dozen thai sticks left (so cheap you buy in bulk) - i'd got all the advice about 'never travelling with the stuff' but having been on this remote island where there were no police etc (up in the north anyway), and having soaked up the 'free and easy' atmosphere of it all, i thought i'd take it with me as i didn't know if the stuff was gonna be freely available where i was headed...

...so i buy my ticket and approach the 20-30 carriage-long train that will take me back to the capital...and stuff the weed in my bumbag...

...when looking at my ticket, i find that my 'sleeper' compartment is 8 carriages away from where i got on the train, so i nonchalantly stroll down the train on my way to '44b'...

...about 4 carriages down, i open the door to continue...and am faced with 10 or so thai police...who by the look of it had been sampling the local whiskey - they were in 'boisterous' spirit - and on seeing a hairy western backpacker approaching decided to give me some light-hearted hassle...'where you from'...'where you go'...show passport and ticket please'...so i unzip my bumbag to get the required documents...and see the ****in' weed! It was one of those hedious moments: the thai policeman standing expectantly in front of me - closer than i'd first realised - his colleagues laughing - a couple of them coming over as well...and my a**hole puckering up nicely thankyou!! I swiftly pulled out my passport and ticket whilst descretely pushing the weed down to the bottom of the bumbag - and gingerly passed them to the policeman. On inspection, he realised i was of mixed parentage - mom english, pop Malaysian - and this bought on yet more good natured ribbing (for those who don't know, thailand is bordered to the south by malaysia). Eventually they let me pass through their carriage and i reached my bed for the night. I pulled back my compartment's curtain, climbed inside and instantly removed the weed - hiding it under the bed, in amongst the springs.....

...about 40 minutes later 2 distinctly 'unfriendly' thai train guards came round checking tickets...i proudly opened my bumbag WIDE and showed the documents!!

2. Interesting story, nice job.

3. Nice story, so what was the thai stick weed like?

I got some before, a nice smoke, got pretty stoned, had to pay £25 an 1/8 though.

4. ...not bad...not great tho'...but at approx £20 for 3 oz no one was complainin!!...