Tongue piercing???

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by MJCAB, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Ok I can't find any related threads so I decided to put this in the general.

So i have been wanting a tongue piercing for awhile and have done some research on health risks , etc. And I have a question for you guys/girls with them.

Do you still smoke the green since recieving your piercing?? And does it hurt or damage your moutH or piercing area?? And other questions associated with maryjane and tongue piercings.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated

2. cOrrection!!

Related threads found.

3. you can still smoke herb lol.

4. Yes you can smoke pot, just don't do it until its healed (or use a vape). I made the mistake of smoking with a pipe soon after it was done, and ended up with ash particles that irritated the piercing, and probably slowed the healing process.

Yes it damages your "mouth area", you will chip enamel off your teeth if you rattle the jewelry around your mouth while flicking your tongue about, and when you eventually remove it a scar will form on the underside of your tongue, that could be considered an edema, a Fluid filled scar (mines the size of a grain of rice)

All body modifications have negative aspects (as well as positive ones, which is why your probably considering it), as long as you are aware of them all you should be able to make the best decision about Risk vs. Reward.

5. I smoked weed and drank beer the same night with no problems at all. just keep swishing with listerene alot.

6. Everyones bodies react differently. I have an assortment of piercings. I took really good care of most of them. I got lazy with my labret, ripped a bong barely an hour after I got it pierced, and smoked constantly after that, it really didnt effect it but I have a really good ability to heal my piercings.

Really you should wait for it to heal completely, which can actually be a few months. More realistically, since I assume you don't plan on nixing your MJ habit for that long, at least give it a week.

But like I said, everyone is different, I would just make sure you are constantly mouthwashing and brushing your teeth. I know my oral hygene spiked tremendously when I got oral piercings (it was good before but I certainly never mouthwashed and brushed my teeth after every single piece of food that ever entered my mouth or every single time I smoked.)

Congrats on the new metal :)