Tommy Chong debating Marijuana on CNN

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by yayayaya, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Wow fuck that prick Paul Chabot

2. Not sure what to say. I hate how these interviews always make marijuana advocates and users as assholes because they have a obligation to point out a blatant lie. So then you see the newscaster and the anti-marijuana advocate making it out like the marijuana advocate is a loud obnoxious fella who wants his drugs.

3. Calling him an addict, what a joke. But Tommy Chong didn't handle that interview well either. He could have gotten his point across easily without talking over people.

4. true. he probably just wants to see it legalized within his lifetime. i can understand why he's frustrated. THIS INJUSTICE HAS GONE ON TOO LONG!!!

5. Yea, I bet if you were in Tommy Chongs place you would be pretty outraged by the shit that is spewed from that guys mouth. As a matter of fact if you are a MJ advocate you probably are already outraged at the bullshit the 'anti MJ' person is spewing.

This is the type of shit that has to be stopped, the anti marijuana movement has lost and they need to come face to face with that and accept it. Instead of making bullshit up and having it seem like they are more ignorant than ever before.

Tommy, you did the right thing and put the ignoramus in his place :)

Peace!

6. I can definitely empathise, but to people who are unable, it could be misinterpreted to be that he's just doing whatever he can to get a 'fix'.

7. No one is saying that what Chong did was wrong, he did what any common day person would do. Defend well when he has the chance, but then when the lies just start pouring in the blood pressure goes up and you lose the little bit of focus you did have going into the debate.

Right now we need people who argue well and succinctly to fight for the legalization movement, figure heads like Chong are better used in a different setting.

8. Both people have a bias. Chong will always be looked at as a "weed smoking moron", regardless of his actual intelligence. The other guy is ignorant about weed. Typical.

9. Tommy chong acted really childish, I love all of his movies and all, But damn. "IDONTSMOKEPOTANYMORE IDONTSMOKEPOTANYMORE IDONTSMOKEPOTANYMORE I BEEN CLEAN FOR 2 MONTHS, IDONTSMOKEPOTANYMORE!"
    I can understand how he was angry, But he should have pointed out the facts while being calm and collective, Not imitating a 2 yr old who had just gotten a toy taken away from them.

10. That guy with the black hair is an asshole. Tommy may have not handled it well, but he got the point across.

11. Like I said, you're better off having Paul or like, Marc Emery to debate and Chong to host the dinner events. Even if Chong was the most master debater ever, he's still just a pothead in the publics eyes. When people see that they see an Ice Cream truck with tons of weed in it, or talking about how his dog shit out weed that he ate.

He did have that first half of the debate though when he had his "time" to speak. Bringing in Montel Williams really through that Czar guy for a loop.

Also, only 2% of Californians use MMJ for health related issues? Does he mean life threatening only? Is that how we go about medicine now? It's only used in a life threatening situation? Bollocks, if that's true I better go throw away my aspirin as a narcotic.

12. lol that guy looked nervous when Chong said that he was getting paid to tell lies.

13. I would do anything to be in a marijuana debate. I've never lost. Even before I started smoking. I was raises in a pot smoking family of a sort though so the bias has always been there.

14. Obestedy.Lol.

15. It was obvious that he was being paid when he brought up sativex and marinol

16. Lmfao, that tool has some balls to call out Tommy Chong. Still though, what a total tool, there;s nothing more to say about the dumbass reporter.

17. Tommy Chong should not. be. debating. legalization.
    They set him up. They knew he'd act the way he did, and the sheeple come away from that video saying wow, look at that old burned out hippie yelling sentence fragments.
    CNN loved every second of that.

18. I heard a cop on a different show say only 2% of medical marijuana users actually need it. Where are they getting this statistic from? Anyone know?

19. First time I watched it I was disappointed.

Second time was a lot more fun cause I just analized Chabot the whole time and Chong was a real badass while Chabot acted like a ...robot.