Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tolerance to edibles the same as to smoking?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by LulzRoyce, Feb 17, 2011.

1. My friend told me today that she feels that her tolerance to smoking is different than edible consumption. It got me to thinking. Because I have a pretty high tolerance to smoking weed because I'm a medical patient here in California so all I ever smoke is top shelf. So I'm wondering if I can do a "tolerance break" by switching to edibles? Because people say it is not the same high as smoking, so would the tolerance be different since it goes through a different avenue into your body? Or is thc tolerance the same all around?

Ideas? Comments? Personal experiences? Solid evidence? Thx!​

2. I too am a California patient and have wondered the same thing... I did an experiment.

I have been smoking top shelf for about 8 months daily but have never tried edibles..

2 weeks ago I bought a "potent" muffin, It did nothing, but supposedly worked for everyone else at the dispensary.

Turned out I needed 4 which was a ridiculous amount in the opinions of the other caregivers.

I think tolerance varies with smoking, however my smoking tolerance has also increased substantially.

Give it a try, Look for trikom treats, YAK edibles or "hubby" bars :)

3. Dispensary edibles usually aren't potent thats why you need so much.

I am also very curious if the tolerance is the same

4. Speak for your bouldery colorado self sir this is California. My friends who have high tolerances have bought some quality collective edibles 10x or 6x doses, even the 3x cookies for only 7 bucks a pop knocked them out. But back to the original question, experiences anyone?

5. ^ Speak for yourself just cause you and your kiddy friends can get high off edibles doesn't mean they are potent. I've made firecrackers that made me trip for hours.

Dispensary edibles suck by definition. They usually only put about 100mg of THC into it - I'd much rather buy a gram and make an edible myself. End of discussion.