Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tolerance to differant methods of smoking

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by alpha&omega2010, Jul 13, 2008.

1. So me and a buddy talked this over and i thought i would discuss it with everyone on here, me and my buddy smoked out of nothing but a bong for like a month and it wasnt affecting us like when we first got it, so we switched back to bowls and got blitzed off our asses, so is it possible to build up tolerances to methods of smoking, i know it sounds kinda dumb but it seemed to make a difference for us, thanks and peace

2. Absolutely. That happens to me all the time. I smoke a lot of bongs around the house, and after about a week of that switching to blunts or something else really gets me blazed.

3. Yes and no, ill explain. Your body doesn't know the difference between the bowl and the bong but you do, basically its similar to the placebo effect. If you are so comfortable doing something over and over again it loses that edge, but when you try something different you are going to take the time to notice everything that goes into it. For example if you smoke in the same spot, using the same piece, at the same time of day, with the same people, everyday, it gets repetitive but when you try out new and different things you experience new things. I always used to smoke in my room at night out of a bong by myself, needless to say after a while I never got worried about being caught, it never got intriguing it was just the same old routine. I don't do that anymore now I smoke during the day, out of bubblers, joints, blunts you name it and I do it with all sorts of different people and its great. My belief is the mentality that you have going into smoking directly impacts the high you receive.

4. Simply enough I would say its mosty psychological. You're pretty much bored of bongs, they still get you somewhat high, but its nothing new. Your switch to pipes provided the change needed that would make you feel that much more high.

5. Ya man I cant explain how it works but it definatly happens to me all the time. Every time I roll up a J it gets me blazed as hell. and the thing with using bongs to much happened to me to. Now I just try to switch between different methods as often as possible and to keep my bong for when I want to be off my rocker

6. qft...I agree with you completely... Damn I was just thinking about this a couple of nights ago; weird...:smoking:

7. i try to smoke through various things throughout the day. in the morning i use a double bubbler, then eventually switch to the small bong. if i wanna get really baked i use the big bong and then at night ill often smoke a J or blunt (if ppl are throwing down). this works for me, if i hit the big stuff early ill just get too tired midday.

8. Bowls usually get me pretty ripped and good sized bongs definitely get me high as fuck.