Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tolerance raising everyday

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by bateu a nave, May 29, 2019.

1. Hi!

Everyday I notice my tolerance raising and raising... to a point where i can eat a tablespoon with infused weed on coconut oil, vap 3 bowls on my arizer air 2 and smoke a joint and simply not get high, just a very light buzz and absolute any body high... this is normal?

2. All in your head man. You are just more familiar with the cannabis experience that you were previously. Try meditation, bet you just aren't recognizing that you are as stoned as you used to be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. It's normal for some of us. Not normal for @ZeusMan. My tolerance goes up very quickly. I can only use edibles about one a week to get high.

4. It is normal for humans to become bored with successive consumption of the same item. However, in the case of THC it is not a chemical resistance, your body does not become less sensitive to THC. In fact, CBD (which is better studied than THC) has reverse tolerance, the more you take in the less it takes to reach active level in the blood. THC isn't heroin and it does not have the same bioavaialbility drop that narcotics do. THC is a lot more similar to SSRI's (and work on the same nural path btw), the more often you smoke the less it should take you to get high. The difference is you are less surprised by being high so the subjective experience feels different.

Also at high blood concentration THC decreases serotonin levels, at low levels it increases it. Basically traditional narcotics tolerance curves dont apply. Still user perceive an increase in tolerance. I say this as someone who has smoke approximately 1 oz a month for at least the last 10 years. Many other users can confirm similarly stable consumption over even longer time periods.

5. I've been smoking since 1968. I disagree with you. Some us develop tolerance to the effects of cannabis. I'm not telling you what happens to you, but my experience.
    Also as an active member you should know not to mention other drugs in your post.

6. Sorry but real research in controlled setting shows THC has a reverse tolerance curve. Your subjective experience is real but is not caused by the tolerance mechanism you associate it with

Aspects of tolerance to and dependence on cannabis. - PubMed - NCBI

7. When you feel like you smoked so much but dont get high its not that you aren't high its that you are too high and that feel the opposite of being high. At low doses THC increases serotonin uptake and high doses it lowers it. Your so high you dont feel high. Research the plant you are smoking and learn how it works.

Effect of cannabinoids on platelet serotonin uptake. - PubMed - NCBI

8. But sometimes I try smoke less, other day I take about 2 normal bong rips, and feel just a light buzz... sometimes I try only 2 vap hits and get any effects... so this theory that less thc is more, not function with me...

9. Less is more is only half the equation, the other half is learning to recognize what the effects of cannabis are outside the novelty of the experience. Think of it like skydiving; the first time you jump your heart is shooting out of your chest, the 5th time it racing much slower even though your still falling at the exact same speed. Things get boring. That is life. You have to find a way to determine what has long term appeal to you, not all things will.

10. We can get really high with weed as long as we don't do it often, our receptors need time to recover in between highs. I take a measured amount of hash oil each day. My own experience is that if I take the same amount of THC every day, lets call it 100mg, after a week or so my high stabilizes and is the same each day. If I take more than my normal amount such as 150mg I'll get higher but if I continue to take 150mg each day tolerance sets in and lowers my high to about the same as it was when I was taking 100mg/day. Also if I decrease my daily amount to 75mg I won't be as high the first few days but if I continue to take 75mg daily tolerance lessens and after a week or two I get about the same degree of high as I did when I was taking 100mg daily. A tolerance break helps to reset our receptors faster and we don't experience those unsatisfying weak highs we get when we decrease our daily dose.

Some of us aren't satisfied with how high weed will get us, we want to be higher so we increase our intake thinking it'll increase our high and it will at first but if we continue taking the increased amount tolerance sets in and our highs return to normal. Continuing to increase our dose further and further abuses our receptors until they stop working properly, which is the problem OP is experiencing. Tolerance accrues faster when we redose when our high begins to fade. I'm sure we've all had those evenings when it seems no matter how much we smoke we can't get our high back, we smoke ourselves straight so to speak. That's when our receptors are depleted of neurotransmitters and no longer work.

ZeusMan's making a good point about how we perceive our high. I agree that when having tolerance problems we are higher than we feel, that if we meditate or concentrate we can feel the high but it's still not the same, we're just not satisfied with a high we have to concentrate on in order to tell we're high.

• Like Like x 1