Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tolerance question

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by BudBrownies, Dec 5, 2012.

1. When does tolerance start to kick in? Are you only tolerant to the sack you're smoking and if you change the strain it'll drop down or is it for all cannabis crop? Why does tolerance happen?

Thanks, Keep the peace and keep tokin'. :smoking:

2. This is a relative question because tolerance affects everyone differently and the time it takes to kick in is also depending on the person. But yes tolerance is related to the quality of weed and levels of THC. For example, low quality weed doesn't give me much if a high as it would for someone who never smokes but if I smoke say white widow, which I don't very often at all, I get higher then I've ever been! I smoke alot of mid-quality stuff. So it's all relative but if your a smoker and you smoke the same product for a week your body will get pretty used to it and reduce the effects of the intense high..

3. And there's no easy answer as to why tolerance happens... The simplest explanation is that the receptors in your brain that process cannabinoids tire out and grow accustom to processing that particular thc level and kind. That's why switching it up in terms of strains and levels changes...