Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

tolerance not going down after a week of not smoking?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by sk33tast1c, Jul 19, 2009.

1. back when i was at college, i was smoking 3-4 times a day, and i noticed that my tolerance skyrocketed, specifically that i just wasn't getting as high and that my high would'nt last for more than 30 minutes, at best.

once i came home for summer, i knew my smoking would decrease substantially, and i figured my tolerance would plummet. i smoked yesterday for the first time in 9-10 days, and while i definently got higher than i had been getting before i left college, it still wasn't the RIDICULOUS high i was hoping for. (it was some grand daddy purps, so it wasn't the quality that was lacking)

u think if i give it another week or two, that i will finally achieve the high that im looking for? has anyone else had this problem? how long did it take you to get your tolerance back down to rock bottom?

2. It really depends on the person and how their body reacts to things. I smoke once or twice per day, and if I take a T-break that's a little over a week long, it usually works for me. However, I have a very fast metabolism so that probably helps out my situation. I'd say just go for 2 weeks, and see how that works out.

3. I think metabolism has to do with it. I have been smoking about 6 months for 2-3 times a day, and still get those crazy ass highs that you just sit and look at something for 10 minutes.

4. Try smoking different weed than youre used to and smoke it out of somehting different. I smoke at least 2 times a day for the last few years and while my tolerance is pretty high, I always find a way to change things up a bit and get me megabaked.

Oh yeah, try mango flavored Naked drinks. Theres a thread on the board about it, and Ill be trying it tomorrow for sure.

5. This^^^ minus the whole naked juice thing. It costs like 3.39, good as hell but damn.

I theorize that different strains have different cannabinoids and therefore when you switch back down to mids you get some of that shit you havent smoked in forever. Recently mids are getting me higher than headies because I fucked my tolerance way up.

Nowadays a bowl of regular heads doesnt do it for me, it has to be the durham funk (imported cali) out of the bong or I just dont get that high.

Fortunately though Im taking a forced t-break (smoking mids) cuz its dry as hell around here. When I switch back I'll be happy.

6. Not... yes different cannabinoids have different effects but mids having a greater effect than dank is nonsense. This guy just doesn't know what he is talking about. Listen to the mango man! If you don't wanna spend a lot on the juice just buy mangos. They benefit the "high" in an extraordinary way. Look it up if you must... there is research to support this claim.

7. t-break for a month, you should feel amazing after that

8. I believe it to be typically from your weight. If you have alot of fat, then you're going to retain that THC for much longer than someone much skinnier than you.

9. same with me man. what i do is always mix up the way im smoking. right now its a couple of L-rides with ppl every night, but as soon as i start getting used to Ls im back to my boy's bubbler or a joint or even my vape. just gotta keep changing it up man

10. OP if you really wanna see a difference in your tolerance, i would suggest taking about a month lond T-break, getting all the THC out of your system.

Once that 30 days comes, get excited, cause your about to get ripped out of your mind haha

11. yo im not debating the mango thing stupid I did that months ago right when it seemed the forum was popping with debate about it. It works yes.

and im not saying they get me higher, it's a different kind of high im not used to. The mids bake me if you will and the headies get me a clean high.

Im not some kind of fucking idiot dude I just question why the hell it seems everyone is going "drink this mango juice drink this mango juice". I feel like youre all working plug for nakedjuice or something.

I feel like you just havent seen and smoked everything I've smoked. Im just saying these mids made me feel like things are funny and are good for watching dumb movies and shit whereas I smoke the headies and longboard all high and clearheaded feeling intense.

12. Try smoking after exercising, that always works for me.