Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tolerance, Myth or Real?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by FollowYourBliss, May 14, 2011.

1. Lol... I don't think it's an opinion. It's a fact that it's real.

2. Who cares??

3. Yep, it's real.

I remember when 4 hits of some loud got me stupid high.

Now I need almost a g to feel high (although, for some people, this isn't that big of a deal).

4. it's real man. used to take 1-2 bong hits to get me high now it takes 6-8 bong rips to get me on the same level of high.
    also what do mmj patients do with their tolerances? do they live without their medicine for a week or do they just keep up with their tolerances?

5. Oh, it's real all right... Used get baked from a few puffs of a daddy, now i need to toke a few juice joints to even catch a buzz.

6. My friend used to be a pretty serious pill popper. Not sure what he did, or why. But he got clean.(Other than MJ). He was going off to basic and decided he wanted to pop one more time. he took the same amount he did before he quit, and it killed him. Tolerance is very real.

7. #87 caster12, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2011
    Golgi apparatus in your liver get used to detoxifying drugs so higher doses are needed to reach the same effect

8. Tolerance is a fact of biological life. Anyone saying that tolerance is a myth is a complete moron.

9. .......
    of course tolerance is real.
    go read or something.

edit: didnt think googling was that difficult.
    http://www.marijuanalibrary.org/brain2.html

10. Tolerance is very real. The more of a substance that your cells absorb, they produce more "organs" to break-down the substance. (golgi aperatus) there called. So the more of the substance your body sees the better it gets at processing it. If you don't ingest that substance for a while, the ability to process the substance will go down.

11. It's definately real....the 1st dozen times you get high its amazing....afterwards, it's not quite so awesome as it was....but its still good :smoke:

12. definitely real. I used to get high off of a bowl for like 3 hours

13. It's absolutely real. Anyone who tells you its not has absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

Most peoples tolerances have gotten to the point where they can't get as high as they did their first time (even if your first time was only one or two hits).

14. #95 Rush, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2011
    Overstimulating the cannabinoid receptors most definitely causes a % of them to go dormant for a while, also i believe serotonin levels effect the quality of your high.

To add to this, iv'e been vaping dank for about a year now and recently i had no transportation to my dealer so i got some regs from someone more local to me. Iv'e been using this crap for about a week and every time iv'e vaped since iv'e been slightly higher on the same amount, this tells me just from using weaker weed that my tolerance is going down. It's kind of like taking a t break except now i get just as high on regs as i did on the same amount of dank only a week ago.

15. I'm sure many users on Grasscity have experienced this phenomenon.

16. Interesting, I wonder if that's why I used to get more pronounced euphoria when I took anti-depressants (which supposedly fuck with your serotonin) and smoked.

I just assumed I got used to the euphoria feeling, the same way orgasms aren't quite as awesome as the first 50 I had.

17. Even if there was no kind of physical or chemical process that leads to tolerance, the psychological factor alone is enough. The first couple times you smoke, it's a new and exciting adventure. You don't know what to expect. Once you know how it will affect you, it loses that bit of excitement and becomes more commonplace.

18. Fuck tolerance, I for one wish it was a myth :(

19. It's all in your mind. Your mind gets more use to the effect..