Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tolerance, Myth or Real?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by FollowYourBliss, May 14, 2011.

1. Not for everyone. I don't have a tolerance with cannabis. I also don't have one for alcohol. Both I have consumed more than enough to have built up a tolerance. Yet with opiates I build a tolerance after a single use. Again, everyone is different.

2. Next question, holocaust, real or myth?

3. I have taken a course in college called Intro to Addictions and tolerance isn't just real it's the reason overdoses occur.

I'm sorry if this comes across as rude but I find it shocking that someone who would be on this site is actually asking if tolerance exists?

Are you fuckin' kidding me LOL?

4. this thread is going nowhere
    why even ask

5. I find that very hard to believe. It may not be noticeable to you, but you do have a tolerance.

6. I'm gonna go ahead and call bullshit, cuz our brains aren't wired THAT differently. You just keep your tolerance on a level because you must have very strong will-power. It's kinda like getting followed by a spy if your good your gonna know he (tolerance) is there if your just an everyday guy walking around smoking a joint odds are your not gonna notice

7. google search "neuroreceptor downregulation" for the "scientific studies" you desire so greatly

8. my friend also says that he "doesnt feel anything" when he swallows any kind of pills, only if he bumps them. do you really think hes wired to be immune to opiates, and only when he swallows them? i personallly just think hes retarted.

But if you think you can defy basic physiological functions of the human body... good for you :hello:

But if your like the rest of us, there IS a tolerance, there ISNT a debate

9. of course it is real. my unsatisfying 30 minute highs aren t liying bro

10. Dur, I want to see scientific studies before I believe cannabis tolerance is real.

Really? I mean really? Do you also want a scientific study proving the existence of Russia?

11. I would very much like that.

12. What are you talking about? Russia doesnt exist. Its a government coverup so they can get support for nuclear weapons. Every why there was never any fighting during the cold war? Its because there was no enemy!

13. Holocaust didn't happen:smoke::eek:

14. Very real, however it goes back down quite easily for me.

15. Exactly have you ever seen Russia anywhere other than on a map, if i don't see the real thing with my own eyes it doesn't exist. Like California or the whole "West", as a matter of fact is not really there

16. This guy at my works talks funny, he says it's his Russian accent, but I'm on to him...

17. Well, your wrong. Tolerance is most deffinitely reAl and it most definitely sucks.

18. I think there is definitely the existence of a physical tolerance.

Perhaps more overwhelming than that, though, is when smoking simply doesn't get you as giddy/happy/giggly high anymore simply because you are prepared (mentally) for what's going to happen and you know how you 'expect' to feel. Part of being really high is not knowing what's going on, what's going to happen next, etc like when you first started smoking.

I think this mental/memory tolerance has a stronger affect on people's diminished enjoyment of weed after smoking for a long time.

19. Deff real man. Sad but true lol. T breaks blow but gotta do em.

20. People get too used to it. That's why there has GOT to be times when you are sober for like a day just so you know when you are high and when you arn't. Therefore you can say "Today I smoked, do I feel high?", and "Today I did not smoke, do I feel high?" If yes for the second one you need to take maybe a couple more days off.