Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tolerance F'N Sucks!!

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by J_Dawg, Feb 22, 2010.

1. #1 J_Dawg, Feb 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2010
    Yeah, a potheads WORST enemy is tolerance. Tolerance fuckin' sucks!! I still get pretty high but my high's don't last as long as they used to. Maybe it is because of the weed I'm smoking? But then again the pot that I've been smoking has been pretty decent quality. I got pretty fuckin' high today but the problem is that it seems like my highs don't last AS long which really bugs the shit outta me. Guess I gotta admit it and take a tolerance break. What a bitch. I simply don't want to take a tolerance break but if I do I think that it'll be good for me because I'll most likely save up some money which I'll try to buy a bong/pipe with and maybe I'll try to get some shit done. Still though...Tolerance F'N sucks!!

Its your turn to bitch about how much your f'n tolerance sucks.
    Go.

Oh sorry...Meant to put this in the Apprentice Tokers Section. Oh well.

2. I haven't smoked in 3 months, so I unfortunately I can't really relate.

How much are you smoking per week?

3. I'll have to get back to you on that.
    But I do smoke alot.

4. Tolerance is easy. What I did was take a month tolerance break and saved up 235$ for a half 0unce of dank colorado medical bud (ak-47) and then I baked it and made it into brownies... It's worth it man it was almost like smoking my first time.

5. Tolerance is a bitch that is for sure.

I've been smoking for around 20 years now. I started out on Mich. Skunk and Indoor (Pluton, Big Bud and Gold Bud). A buddies dad has been growing since I was 11. And all through High School I smoked nothing but the Indoor and some fire Columbian.

Be that as it may. I find that I don't trust most reports on strain quality.(For me That is), The shit that I won't even smoke I hear "rave" reviews about. I've been on the hunt for the strain that "knocks my dick in the Dirt" but in the last 12 years since smoking nothing but "name brand" indo strains I find that there is no such thing as a "one hit wonder" for me.

I gotta chalk that up to Tolerance.

I'm to the point that if I don't have a zip a week to my head of something like "Kali" "Kush" or "Lemon Skunk" then I don't stay high like I want to. So to ease my pain and calm my RLS I have to smoke more and more and more.

I will say that some of the best smoke i've had lately were Headband and Sweet Tooth. But even those take a joint or two.

I remember when I was 15 and I smoked A joint of some Mich. Skunk that put me down like I had just consumed 2 bars of Xanax and a fith of jack. I couldn't even hold my own head up.......................God how I long for those days again.

Peace.

6. Restless leg syndrome? Don't they have medication for that now?

7. Yea its called Marijuana. lol.

The side affects I have experienced from these treatment drugs are as bad as the RLS is.

Most of my family are on clonazapam. One of the most accepted "treatments" for RLS. And I can assure you that the mood swings the day after taking this drug is awful. But when you have RLS as bad as my family you'll do whatever you can to get you through the night. But while on Clonazapam you cant walk strait (I call it drunk legs) and you do stupid shit like try to cook in the middle of the night and have no memory of it. (like sleep walking). And drugs like Requip and Mirapex have had no effect for me.

I find that nothing calms a serious attack of RLS like a good joint. And Marijuana helps me to sleep thru the night with no side affects the next morning.

8. hahaha i gotta enjoy these low tolerance days while i can from what it sounds like! :bongin:

9. so take a break and it will be back to how it was

10. this sounds like you are wasting quality strains on your way too high tolerance self. You really can't stop for a week? Do you only smoke joints? Just stop for a few days. You cant tell me you won't get high as crap out of a nice quality glass.

And if you really can't because of your issue then I see.

11. you know its bad when you CAN'T smoke weed fast enough to keep you really high.

12. I started smoking about a year ago and already understand the difference. When I first started smoking I felt an insane amount of body/mental high for hours. Sometimes I'd smoke before I went to bed and would wake up buzzed. Now I can smoke a good size bowl by myself and maybe feel the effects for about 45 minutes. Part of my problem was that my neighbor has a ROOR so for the the first few months of smoking that's all I'd hit, and I would get fucking lifted. I think instead of slowly numbing over those beautiful nerve endings, I cut them at the ankles.

My question is: if you guys smoke a pretty decent sized bowl (6-8 hits for me) how long do you feel stoned for? I know it's all relative to what you smoke out of, but i'm talking about most pipes. I just got an easy vape for valentines day and I'm hoping this changes soon.

13. I'm in the same fuckin boat as all you right now. been smoking 2-3 times a day and now I get a decent high for like ahlf an hour and its done :(

14. I like my fairly high tolerance actually. I think the act of smoking is fun, I love bongs, I love the taste of weed, I like being able to just smoke when I'm bored without being like, "Oh no dude might get too high." Plus I usually have around an ounce or something to save money so my friends always call me like, "can I throw five bucks to smoke?" I like being able to smoke with them all the time. I know some people are going to think I'm crazy but I like where my tolerance is. I've been smoking everyday for around two years, my longest breaks being like, three, three day breaks. I can get satisfactorily baked off about half a gram in snaps but I could also smoke much more if I wanted to. I'm content with my tolerance. Anyone else as carrrrazzzy as me?

15. fuck man i smoke on average 3 blunts a day and i dont even know if im getting high anymore.... ha, anyways im thinkin bout just chillin for a few days then mayb smoke 1 blunt a day and ill b str8

16. I love the social aspect of smoking. Some of my best experiences have been from chilling after shows with bands, smoking a j in their van. I love that I can take a hit from Peter Parker (my one hitter, named so because he loves mary jane) on my way to school and not be stoned by the time i get to class.

That said, I would be fucking lying if I said I didnt miss the days of getting baked off two hits and not being able to separate myself from reality, and forgetting where my head is and shit like that.

17. Im the same way, I used to get insane body highs but now i feel like no matter what i only get buzzed. After about 6-8 hits i would feel buzzed for about 35-45 min. But if i sprinkle some keef on there then about 1 hour.

18. Are you serious bud? Quitting for a week is not gonna do anything for a seasoned smoker. I would have to quit for months to even make a difference.
    And even then after a couple days back to smoking I would be right back to where I was. You can't undo years of tolerance buildup in one week.

And yes I smoke joints almost exclusively. nothing gives me the flavor of the weed like a joint. A brand new glass piece aint so bad. But after a while that tastes like shit to. Your not going to get higher by smoking out of glass thats for sure.

I could take a break and deal with my rls with pharmaceuticals, But then I gotta deal with the side affects of those drugs.

And just like giving up things like sex and coffee. I don't wanna!!! I just wanna find some thats better then what i've had.:D

19. yup...:(

20. #20 chubba, Feb 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2010
    Its worth it i just started my tolerance break for lent i am going to start up again on 4/20 though planning on ending my t break by making some hash :D... i say go for the break you will b happy after you see that you can stop when you want to stop also definatly worth it

well i felled my t-break acouple times just wanted to get blunted on last saturday and again this weekend and i could deffinatly tell a difference more so last weekend though lol