Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tolerance decrease while not on a t-break

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Miklelottesen, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Over the past couple months or so I've experienced a very strange phenomenon. A little background first: in the beginning of August last year I noticed that I practically couldn't get high anymore. Therefore I took a t-break. I only wanted it to last a week as it was my first. I lasted it without problems and I was able to get high again. Not first-time high, but good enough :)

About 3 months ago I began to notice that it took increasingly smaller quantities to get me high and it's still on the increase. Note that I have smoked everyday, no exceptions, since my last break ended. I've just had half a spliff with sativa regs and I'm perfectly high. It's really weird to me, but I certainly don't complain :smoke:

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

2. :smoke:yea man i feel you like on day ill hit a full bowl to my dome and just barley be high and then the next day ill hit like a snap or 2 and be fucked happens alot but i like it cause it helps save weed:hello:

3. To an extent, its pretty weird.

I'll smoke one strain for awhile, and i'll feel i don't get high whatsoever. Than, a week or two down the road, every sesh i'm sent to the moon, smoking the same bud so it can't be a tolerance thing.

4. Well, I've been smoking the same bud since October...about three months ago... Hmm, I think I've just found the connection :)

Anyway, it's really weird; I always thought tolerance would increase when smoking the same bud in a long time and decrease when switching between strains.. And still, I've never heard of it before :confused:

5. Smoking less and getting higher? That's a beautiful thing.

It's not too uncommon. I don't think it matters that you're smoking the same bud for a long time. If you smoke progressively less of it every day, your tolerance will decrease. This might seem backwards, but I think tolerance is overall most sensitive to the amount smoked, not how long you smoke for.

If you can exercise the discipline to do it, it's a great way to smoke more efficiently. The reason it takes some control is that there's always the temptation to smoke more... but if you smoke every day like 10% less, you will be glad for it in the long run.

It's like a double benefit... cos you decrease tolerance by not smoking as much, then get more blitzed cos you take advantage of the decreased tolerance by using the bud you saved in the first place.

hope that makes sense?