Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tolerance break

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by P-Dizzle, Jun 19, 2018.

1. I'm day 3 into a short tolerance break after having been a daily consumer for several years.

Some of the advice has been to stay busy and I have been reading many threads to do that. I've seen several posts suggesting rotating strains helps prevent tolerance build up. That really surprises me because I always thought the cannabinoids were chemical compounds leading me to believe it does not matter what strain the cannabinoid came from. Is there any validity to strain rotation?

Secondly, I plan to end my break after 4 days. I know longer might be better but have read that the first few days deliver the most tolerance reduction. Once I start back up I'm planning on taking 2-3 days off per week. Will that approach work to keep tolerance lower?

• Like Like x 1
  2. You're right, the strain has nothing to do with tolerance. Your plan to keep your tolerance in check sounds okay. What increases tolerance the fastest is smoking more before the last has worn off. If you smoke a lot at once it's better than smoking a little continuously all day, just come down completely after you smoke a lot. A four day break will help a lot that first time back but we have a tendency to keep smoking the same amount after a break as we did before so don't let that happen.

3. #3 P-Dizzle, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    Thanks. I cut my break to three days. There was a big difference. Prior to the break I was consuming continuously. I'll start to come down completely before consuming more.

4. Only smoking 4 days of the week will keep your tolerance at bay. Another alternative method to this approach would be to smoke daily, but minimize the window that you do smoke. NEVER over-indulge. Smoking only at night (assuming you don't stay up all night) is another way to keep your tolerance in check. You can still smoke every day and keep your tolerance in check long-term if you don't over-indulge and smoke responsibly.

5. I definitely notice a difference in high if I have been smoking on the same strain for a while and then I switch it up. I also find it helps to switch up my method of consumption and where I am smoking, smoke a bong in the living room instead of the bedroom or a bowl in my gaming room. Once things get in a routine for me I feel like my tolerance is a lot worse

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. How would you characterize "overindulge"?

7. #7 utbpaladin2013, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    Set a limit and stick to it. One method to help is to time your last bowl near bedtime to force yourself to stop. This only works for me because I cant smoke til like 8.30pm most days. It's called microdosing. After a while your brain adapts to the low dose. Microdosing usually works best after a short tolerance break to help reset your cannabinoids.

8. You know I thought the same thing , weed just wasn't getting me stone any more.
    Always chain smoking joints, and smoking dab .
    Been buying my weed from the same person for years and years .
    Brother I have been smoking weed before I went to Nam.

Finally I took a road trip, hooked up with some brothers I hadn't seen for years and got some of their best weed .
    Hey I started to get stoned again , then another road trip and met up with guy who is a grower , got some better weed from him, at the same time I started growing weed .

I ordered in one well known cannabis cup winning strain ( amnesia Haze ), and wow fuck am I stoned ..
    Just drop in , if my weed will not knock your dick in the dirt then I will believe you need a break .

Personally I think you been smoking medium grade weed … that has no legs .

I got grand daddy purple , blue dream , AK 47, Amnesia haze … makes one hell of a blend ..

cheers