Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tolerance Break Questions

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by gypsyhaze, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Hey everyone! I'm new to this forum and had some questions about t breaks. I've smoked weed for the last 9 years, but it was never a daily thing so I never had an issue of building up a tolerance to marijuana. However, over the last couple of years I've been smoking pretty regularly, about everyday. And over the last couple of months, I started noticing the effects of cannabis on me were dwindling. And for the very first time! I was so bummed. Then it got to the point where weed had very little to no effect on me at all. I'd be spending money on weed and wouldn't feel a thing. Even strong edibles did nothing for me, while my friend would be high as a kite on the same thing. It was obviously a waste. I knew I had to rebuild my tolerance again. I should mention marijuana has really eased my ocd, A LOT, and for that reason I can't give it up fully right now and that's also why it took me a while to finally take the break in the first place. Today I am on day 4 of my break. After doing some research and talking to some people, I figured 2 weeks should be more than enough to bring my tolerance back down. But everyone's bodies are different so I just wanted to read some other people's experiences? Also, about how long until your tolerance builds back up again? I know regular smokers who take t breaks every couple of months. Would love to hear other's experiences.

Thank you and nothing but love to everyone ❤️

2. I've done many breaks, years to weeks.

2 weeks felt the same as 2 years.
    You get that tolerance back in a few sessions, which sucks.

3. Any time I ever take a break it really helps no matter the time period even not smoking for two days then smoking a bowl before bed will get you, maybe change up your smoking schedule if you have one or smoke at similar times, as well get into concentrates they are much higher in THC and do wonders but doing those to much will kill your tolerance for normal herb which kinda sucks hope this helps ya!

Happy smoking!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Thanks for your response! I was worried that the tolerance goes back up really quick. It seems the only way your tolerance is less likely to go up is if you only smoke every couple of days. Which is not ideal for someone like me who is a regular smoker.

5. Thanks for your response! I was worried that the tolerance goes back up really quick. It seems the only way your tolerance is less likely to go up is if you only smoke every couple of days. Which is not ideal for someone like me who is a regular smoker.

6. Thank you for your insight! It's funny how I was so naive, smoking away thinking my tolerance wouldn't ever go up that much to the point I wouldn't feel any effect.

7. gypsyhaze I think SirInfi had a good point when he said 2 weeks felt like 2 years of not smoking. If you take a 2 week break, you will get very high but your tolerance will go up significantly in a few sessions. However, if you take a 2 year break it will take several weeks to build back up a significant tolerance. But since your tolerance would come back in a month or two of everyday smoking, it's probably best for your OCD if you just take shorter breaks, and many different types of strains to keep your body guessing. (If you smoke a different strand every couple days and keep a couple week rotation, how could your body ever catch up and build a tolerance to any particular strain?)

And try a couple different methods to keep your body guessing and give your lungs a break. Get a cheap vape, dabs, all kinds of different stuff. ( if you're in a non-friendly state you might can still get vapes delivered.)
    The first time you smoke in a long time will always affect you, although it takes several years of a break to remind you of the first couple times that you ever smoked, and you're just enjoying how it is affecting you and how you are able to think and see things from a totally different perspective from when you're not high.
    Hope this helped, happy toking!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum