Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tolerance break question

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Noah5212, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Hey so I recently went on a trip where I haven't smoked for a good 3-4 days, and I'm wondering for the tolerance break to even be worth while should I try to tough it out without the herb for a few more days? Thanks

2. 3 or 4 days is pretty good, but I've done breaks between 2 weeks and 3 years, and felt no difference.

3. starting to realize tolerance breaks are overrated. fortunately for me everytime I toke I get high. Only perk I see is saving mula.

4. If you're a daily smoker, 3-4 days is a really nice amount to feel a difference on your next high.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 3 years and no difference? I smell bullshit

• Like Like x 1
  6. I always reccommend a minimum of 3 days. Your high will be amazing guaranteed. If you can go more, your consumption will be super low. I find after a 5 day break one bowl will have me out for a good 2-4 hours. But yeah never question a t break, just take them! Toke on!

7. I recently had to get clean for a new job. Went more than a month without smoking and honestly, I didn't tell too much of a difference. Don't get me wrong, I loved smoking again, but it's not like I was blown to bits. If you're an experienced smoker then a few days or weeks without isn't going to make your next high outrageous because you've been there, done that a lot. There are other benefits to taking a break though. One is that you save money. Two is that it's just nice to break a given habit - whatever it may be - once in awhile. Sometimes I'll even take a few days off from coffee for the same reason. So yeah, take your tolerance breaks every once in awhile. Exercise that willpower muscle.

• Like Like x 1
  8. It's different for everybody. My tolerance resets after a full day, 24 hours feels the same as 6 weeks. Heavy smoker.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yeah I completely agree. However, everyone experiences them differently. some people report getting really high once or twice then going back to the exact same problem before the break. Some people say they can't enjoy the herb anymore cause they get way too stoned now and become uncomfortable.

From my experience, I more or less feel the same way about t-breaks as you. You won't necessarily get higher, but it will definitely take a bit less to get you there, so your stash lasts longer :D

One thing is for sure though, weed will never have that "magical feeling" it once had when you first start smoking :( familiarity with the weed high is a difficult thing to "forget". Tolerance won't do you much good on that front.

10. With me if I take a week or so off, it takes me about a solid week for it to be back to normal, although I always get high no matter what, it just take a bit more for me to feel higher, but yea a few days off or even 1-2 weeks should make the next high or two make you feel even higher

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. Like I said, I still get high every time and enjoy it. No, I don't get as blown as when I first started smoking. But that's fine..that's how life works. And yeah, I guess everyone's different.

• Like Like x 1