Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tolerance break, how to make most out of it(speeding upregulation)?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by TrkTrmp, Apr 29, 2018.

1. #1 TrkTrmp, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    So I plan on having a solid weed-free May. I'm wondering whether its possible to speed up/boost the upregulation of the cannabis receptors, if so, how?
    Afaik tolerance is caused by the downregulation of these receptors caused by too much weed use.
    I'm not entirely too sure if there's notably much at all you can do to boost the upregulation, but if there is I'm happy to read. I'd appreciate if you gave proper proof on your statements though.

Does exercise help the tolerance in any notable way? Now exercise is healthy and something I'm looking forward to already, but I really don't want to waste my time doing useless shit hoping it would boost the upregulation/tolerance process. Thanks for any advice but for this reason, please DO give some proper backup/proof.

TL;DR

- Is there any ways to potentially boost the upregulation of the cannabis receptors while on tolerance break, making most use of the break if there even is anything notable you can do.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Now I don't smoke that "heavily", but if i just have weed i feel quite tempted to smoke around 2-3g a day and the high lasts me like an hour atm, I really need a break as currently I'm just wasting money. I got pleasant high from 1/3rd packed vape bowl 2 months ago, and now I gotta overpack like 2-3. So no I don't have insane tolerance, but there's just so much random information and some people think tolerance is caused by THC stored in body fat, so I decided to make a thread about this.

Thanks!

Edit: cut off some useless text

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'm on a tolerance break dunno how long for man just saving money everyday and I'm treating myself now I'm not smoking.

You may find that you want to continue your tolerance break past may it's pretty easy.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. The length of your break does influence how long it lasts. The first few days of the break the receptors are cleaning out and restocking chemicals. This will increase the quality of the high but it won't be long until the receptors are gummed up again. The upregulation starts after the THC is cleared out but it takes a month or so to rebuild receptors and that will lengthen the breaks effects. What happens with most of us is that we go right back to smoking too much and that leads us right back into tolerance. After your break smoke way less and you'll enjoy it more but some of us aren't satisfied until we're so high our brains stop working. After your break try microdosing, that's what I'm doing and I'm liking it. Instead of the 4-7 drops of oil I was putting into a capsule now I put one drop and it's working.

I have no proof, I only have whispers

You will never get that first time high back no matter what because it's partly psychological. At first it's new and you don't know how you'll feel or how high you'll get so it's a little scary/exciting.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Thanks for the answer buddy, exactly the kind of explanation I was looking for. I never really seek to get super high, each time I use enough to get me nice and satisfied, I guess I can somehow appreciate it in a way I don't need to get higher each time, so my tolerance hasn't seen much notable action compared to most of my friends, some of who just smoke like 4-5g+ a day atm.

I'm quite certain that after the break I will be able to keep the tolerance down easy, but I just don't want to think about whether to have a 2 week break or 4 week break. That's why I posted this thread, I want some information regarding specifically what's up with the process more than your average smoker just wanting to know how long to wait to get high again.

The only problem here is that it's going to be summer vacation for me soon, nice weathers, and where I live life is very miserable and not worth living outside summer(not just for me, everyone is dead during winter), I probably want to smoke during summer, that's why I sort of thought now could be the ideal point to have a break. Overall I like to keep weed use a habit to some degree as I have to this point due to my stimulant medication heavily affecting my appetite. I'll see how I feel in general, if it's easy to stay off then by all means I could definitely lengthen the break.

5. You must live in Alamosa Colorado. At night that place can easily get down to the upper 30s in the middle of what they affectionately call Summer.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Haha, not quite, but yeah we just have like couple hours of light a day during winter, and it's this cold and white quality feeling one, I dunno, the summer's warm yellow-ish light gives me almost euphoria like effect, I fuckin love it. The awfully insane anxiety provoking winter is the reason I've used weed so much in the first place past months haha, now that sun gives me the power I think it's optimal to have the break :)
    Edit: oh yea the key factor here on top off the darkness is that by winter I mean snow and constant -15C' temp at the very least, or most I guess when talking about negative? Generally between -15C' and -25C', everyone is depressed and anxious during winter, no one goes out. Mby a bit out of topic but not deadly.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dammit where are you from alaska? Sounds cold.

Yh first day will be hard because you'll be breaking a pattern. Then after its easy.

I'm on a tolerance break now and I put £10 note in a jar everyday and I've been buying cool shit recently.

• Like Like x 1
  8. One January I spent a couple of weeks in the field living in a tent outside Fairbanks. The tent had a heater but water would still freeze inside the tent. Operation Jack Frost. I came home to the Southwest on leave right after the exercise and spent hours sunbathing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. If I could give you 1 tip its dont wake and bake. They shoot up your tolerance. The less weed you smoke the higher you get.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  10. What drives up tolerance faster than any other thing is smoking more before the last is completely metabolized which takes a day. When the receptors are continuously flooded is when they start the downregulation process. It's the bodies way of trying to maintain homeostasis.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Did you have a Billy can to cook your meals in? Lol

12. Of course not, we cooked in our canteen cups over a can of Sterno. Actually meals were delivered from the mess hall, kinda like take out.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thanks for this, I had my own suspicion about smoking in the morning, I seem to always have gotten a weed kind of "hangover" as in sluggish brain and craving smoking more in the later day.

14. This is why I build up my tolerance so fast every time I start smoking again. Although last time I was smoking I was only wake and baking on my days off and I think my tolerance took longer to get high...

15. Hmm nice I've cooked in army tins before outside it was OK to be fair.

I'm thinking about buying one of those zebra Billy cans for camping they look pretty good for doing all in one meals in like stews lol

[​IMG]

16. Nice one. I had a backpacking stove that burnt twigs and pinecones. It came stored inside a pot just about like that one. Wow, I just googled that stove and now they have lots of them.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Wow sounds that sounds economical and clever having a little twig burner area.

I'll use a gas burner for my Billy can and I can pack it away inside with the spoon ha ha.

now days they make stoves that burn twigs that charge your iPhone lol and they generate power from burning twigs looks expensive though but cool...

Screenshot_2018-05-02-08-32-42.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. #18 Cactus Ed, May 2, 2018
    Last edited: May 2, 2018
    You gotta be shitting me! That thing is amazing. One of the reasons I liked backpacking was that it was a phone free activity, no one could call you. Being homeless is way different.

I just checked, it's 3lbs. IMO that's not bad but too heavy for extended trips.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yh I get you I think it looks alright but I mean it's pretty much a burdon to carry as well who would wanna carry one of those in a backpack all day long just to charge a phone lol if you are cooking whilst backpacking just stick to gas cans and always carry a gas adapter for the clip on stove encase you run out of gas and have to buy the aerosol size ones.

If you wanna charge a phone on the road or if you are backpacking I highly recommend a solar charging power bank that you can hang off your backpack.... not only is this thing got a built in lithium battery but it has a solar panel on it and you can charge any device via USB.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. Those solar doodads are pretty cool too. I can tell backpacking in your country is way different than here in the Southwestern US. Here what you begin with is all you're going to have. What I like about the twig burner is that it's extremely light and doesn't use gas which is heavy. For short tips of a few days it doesn't matter because you're not carrying that much food or gas so you can carry the weight, for longer trips I was obsessive about weight but not enough to drill holes in my toothbrush. I admit I did shorten the handle though.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Nothing beats smoking pot while backpacking the wilderness, I think all that activity decreases tolerance. (mandatory forum site and thread topic content)