Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tolerance and smoking yourself straight

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by blunts420days, Nov 14, 2013.

1. #1 blunts420days, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
    Okay I have known for a while i've had some tolerance issues, but it really hit me the other day. I buy some of the best bud in my town. Me and my smoking friend usually spend most of the day matching with friends and end up smoking anywhere from 5-10 blunts. This pretty much happens everyday. 

I notice that if I smoke more than about 3 blunts in a row, I don't really feel high at all, but my eyes would tell a different story, and when I wake up the next day, I can tell I must have been really faded last night.... I think I "smoke myself straight" VERY easily. But If i just smoke like 2, i'm feeling okay, or if i space them out (say 15-30 minutes) I get progressively higher with each blunt. But I haven't been RIPPED in a good while. 

So the other day me and my other friend bought a gram of some of the best bud i've seen in a while. We rolled a fatass J with pretty much the whole gram, we smoked it to the dome and I barely felt different at all, I was pretty disappointed. 

So basically idk what to do, Cant really get much danker bud, I could get some hash, or even some dabs, but that's really expensive. Does anyone else smoke themselves straight? and do you think if i changed my style of smoking (because its almost always blunts) It would make a difference? Like if i started hitting the bong more. thoughts?

2. Try a bong? If that is a no, just take a tolerance break.

Also try smoking in different settings. If you start doing concentrates your tolerance will just get worse and you'll never enjoy your beloved blunts again.

Check out this article on tolerance, it is very informative and a good read. It should help you.

http://www.marijuanalibrary.org/brain2.html

3. #3 blunts420days, Nov 14, 2013
    I am almost tempted to start dabbing on the reg.. but yeah I know in the long run it's not worth it. Hillbillies in the forest sell dabs for 5$ biggest hit you can take lmfao it's a pretty good deal.

And yeah I know a long break is whats in order, I took a 2 weekish break and i got pretty high the first time but it was back to normal real quick

4. #4 sektr, Nov 14, 2013
    This is why so many people here tout glass. After you get a tolerance joints and blunts just don't do it in the same way anymore.

If I just want a buzz I take a single rip out of my glass or smoke a joint. If I want to get high it's glass glass glass. No matter how many joints I smoke nowadays it's always a functional high.

Also dabbing won't RUIN blunts for you, you just won't get high off blunts anymore (maybe a slight head change) they'd just be more for the smoking experience.

Dabbing can totally be worth it if you have the right connect to get large quantities at a good price. If you actually work out the math it's very minimally more expensive to dab if you're making your own BHO.

5. you see I used to only smoke bowls, but when I started smoking blunts, i thought it was the best thing since sliced bread I got waaay higher. I think its just because there is more weed in a blunt than you usually smoke in a few bowls I can easily blow down a quarter a day now. 

6. I have the same problem mate, can smoke 6-7 joints and feel like I've not smoked at all or hardly.
    Bong hits work for me,maybe 2-3 cones and I'll be good and stoned. Then again, maybe that's just me

7. That is beyond ridiculous. How do you not even feel a light buzz after 1 joint?

OP. Switch up smoking devices. If you've been hitting a bong for a couple months, go to a vaporizer or a gravity bong.

8. Your not smoking yourself sober, its not possible and its a myth. Maybe you inhaled wrong or your friend killed your high. Do 4 or 5 bong packs not stop right after another and see if you get high lol

It's not a literal saying genius, it's when you overload your cannabinoid receptors to the point where you stop feeling high and you just feel tired. Of course you're still blazed, just mentally it doesn't feel like it.

• Like Like x 2
  10. yeah. I know i'm really blazed. But I feel very normal. Like I said when I wake up the next day I can tell the difference though, if that makes sense

11. If a tbreak is not an option, try using a vape. It's a different high but you get the most bang for your buck when it comes to getting baked. Also green tea or anything mango helps tolerance, drink a few teas and munch a few mangos throughout the day and you will notice a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. I'll have a light buzz, but really nothing much. The most joints do is make me feel drowsy.
    But a bong will fuck me up haha

13. I agree 100% with what you say. I smoke about 2 grams a day out my bong and one joint just gives me the buzz of one bong hit.