Tolerance After 8 Years

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by mazsi1911, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Hello guys,

First post here and also a new member! 

Been reading this forum for a while, pretty enjoyed topics etc, and i was after finding a good place to talk about weed.

A grower myself and a very high-end smoker (i guess), I found myself in a situation where I have to take my first T break.

Basic story:  I live in London, got dank stuff, always had. I smoked 5 years in Hungary, proper weed, not skunk, my mate grown it, outdoor. It was the best stuff I had, even when I visit him sadly once a year, I get almost passed out of his stuff. Mainly all the old school stuff from Sensi. 

I wasn't smoking much for 5 years, only in the last year spent at home, as I knew I'll be going to London.

Arrived, weed is fantastic, very decent stuff (much harder than I had, tho, not the same feeling!) and also very pricey.  I spent around 40£ a week in Hungary, for around 10 grams, in here it's only 3. 

When I was smoking in Hungary, 10g lasted me usually a week, if no special events taken place. I guess, thats a fair amount for someone getting it cheap and has the money for it.

In England, I started with 20£ (1/8oz) lasted me around 4 days, pretty good, like 5£ a day. I guess thats much more expensive than in hungary, but the stuff was much more stoner type. ( i prefer indica)

As i don't drink at all, I considered 5£/day isn't that bad, my mates spent 10-20£/daily on weed and beer.

The main thing is, since last year's septermber, I was fine spending 5£/day and I got proper high like I had to sleep (which i love). Also, I only smoke at nights and if I go to school, I have a spliff in the morning too.(easier to handle teachers)

Since then, I got to some stage, where I (luckily realised early) spend 20£/day on weed. Basically, I buy for around 100-150£ and smoke it in a week or in maximum two weeks. 150£=200£ if I buy in this amount.

I think thats pretty bad, and it's not the weed. I've recently visited AMS and I got pretty stoned from a tenner bag, but not as much as I was high on my first visit (2011). 

I went thru forums, and seen something i've never heard of, a T break. Yesterday was 420, so I couldn't resist smoking with my mates, I spent around 50£ (couldn't care, I was celebrating) and told myself that I'll stop smoking from next days(today) morning, till I don't get as high as I want. How I will test it? I'll have a small joint (0.2g) after a week, see how it is. Me and my brother are both very un-tolerant against weed, when I started to smoke, I only needed one toke of a bong, and my head was hammered. (loved that), and only wanted to smoke one stoke every hour or so. I like keeping myself high, other than getting high again and again. 

I always found it hard to talk to people when Im not high, I usually express myself in a short, clear way, sometimes i even cut off sentences because I expect the other person to understand me, however only my brother can. While being high, it's so much easier for me to talk to people, give them details etc etc.

Basically, if I'm not high and talk to my mum, she thinks IM HIGH, if I am really high, and talk to her, she thinks I'm normal. Isn't that weird?

What I want out of this post? Advice! Please, advise me on:

How long should I take the break? 
    How to stop thinking about weed?
    Also, how to deal with people if I'm not high? 
    What others think about this?

Cheers !

2. you have to realize that the urges to smoke are all in your head, you want to you dont need to. take a break for 2 weeks or more and it will be way down, dont go right back into smoking multiple times a day everyday or your tolerance will shoot right back up . exercise helps, alcohol helps, kratom helps and nyquil or anything that helps you sleep, imo thats the worst part about tbreaks because I medicate to help myself sleep. dealing with people, ehh not alot you can do about this one. the first week is usually the worst, expect to be slightly more irratable. if you can get past that you are golden. hope your break goes well man today is day one for me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. That happened to my friend. She went to class blazed everyday, on day she went sober, the teacher pulled her aside and questioned if she was "okay". :laughing:

Op I don't really see what you are asking, but toking is a decision you make. You can choose to toke or not to toke. It would be a lot easier for me if I didn't have this severe chronic pain, so I never understand why "Healthy" people think they can't stop smoking.

4. 1.) A few weeks, or until you achieve what you looking for.
    2.) The idle mind is the devils workshop. Find new activities and hobbies and immerse yourself in something while trying to avoid things that will make you want to smoke. Try if you can to always be busy with something or out of the house or with a friend who doesn't smoke, having company really helps. When your alone try reading a new book or surfing the web about topics you don't know. Try getting into a workout/exercise routine. Meditation helps you focus too, try yoga. JUST NEVER BE IDLE. STAY BUSY.
    3.)I hate people man, can't help you there.
    4.) What do I think? Trust yourself. There's nothing wrong with taking a break and it seems like you believe like you can benefit from one. I also think its healthy to break routines and try new things. I would also consider moderation later on.