Told my mom I smoke

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by kamikaze rat, Jun 13, 2011.

1. So, my mom's been onto me for a while about me and smoking, she'd sometimes make subtle accusations of me smoking/ being high. For a month or so, she was particularly on my case about it. Finally, the other day, when I told her I wanted to see one of my friends, she confronted me about it. Before that point I never admitted it, but didn't expressly deny it either, as my parents always seem to be able to find out if I'm lying about something.

So we talk a little bit, occasionally the subject would change up, she didn't seem incredibly hostile or anything. I'm pretty sure she hadn't even talked about it with my dad (although that's probably because things between them are a bit rocky at the moment). To my surprise, she said she had seen a national geographic documentary on it and didn't see much of a problem with smoking weed itself. She even supported prop 19, though we didn't live in California, unfortunately.

So, I figured I'd come clean. We both know I'm a good kid, I get good grades and nobody would really suspect me of being a smoker. Her main problem was that I would get in legal trouble or have some online conversations picked up by employers and whatnot. She even let me go see my friend, who I basically confessed to smoking with (she knows he's my good friend, though, I knew she wouldn't call the cops on him or anything).

So, TL;DR told my mom I smoke, turns out she really doesn't care as long as I keep it out of the house and don't get caught by the cops. That turned out way better than I thought it would. I'm actually wondering what would happen if I made edibles (haven't tried it before though) and offered her one.

2. Feels liberating, does it not?

3. haha i remeber the first time my mom became accepting. Felt Great that day

4. My mom started crying and wanted to torch my whole room to get rid of all the evidence

5. Very. I bonged it up with some people yesterday and started feeling panicky (as I tend to do when really stoned) and wondered how sketchy it would look as I come home, when I realized my mom won't be mad as long as I'm honest and I literally have nothing to worry about. What a way to kick off the summer!

6. i wish this could happen for me. she always calls me a drug addict when she finds my papers, bowls, etc. she's been in the government 25+ years and to her there is no difference between weed and heroin. i just can't seem to get past her naivety and educate her about weed. any advice? ps good job op

7. You've probably already tried this, but the best way to argue is with cold hard facts. Maybe something about how smoking weed can't kill you while tobacco and alcohol are both legal and far more dangerous. If she's in the government, maybe point to the fact that weed has medical applications and that many states are becoming more lax in their marijuana laws.

8. If you are saying give your mom an edible without her knowledge, no way...you should have respect for her just like you expect her respect...

9. i hope and dont think he meant that.

OP, im happy your mom can see the light. my parents are both supporters of MMJ (FUCK florida)
    if you were to make edibles to offer her, id suggest making them a little weak as to not overpower her with them and make her vomit or something cause then she might go back on her being ok with it lol

10. I just told my mom I smoke too......she didn't say a word....Did I mention that she's deceased ?

11. good for you man, must feel like a weight has been lifted.

12. This is never gonna happen to me from the first day I got caught smoking probably in middle school my parents have always hated me smoking and were anti-marijuana

13. I'm not saying I'd trick her into eating one, I'd genuinely offer her one. Her only real problem with weed is that it's illegal and she doesn't want me getting in trouble for it, thus I'm not allowed to smoke in the house. But I was thinking if I made edibles that in no way could be associated with weed except by eating it, it's clandestine enough that my mom just might be okay with it. She loves cooking, after all.

14. Shit. When i told my mom and dad they rolled one up and smoked with me.

15. Actually, the friend I was going to visit's dad smokes with him all the time, and with me when I come around. Once when I was at his uncles with another friend while he went out to make a deal, his uncle comes out to the garage and smokes us out a bowl. I love his family.

16. Me too, man, now we smoke every day or so together. Best bonding experience ever.

17. yeah it is, I love smoking with the rents:hello:

18. #18 Storm Crow, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2011
    Brandon, have you ever seen my List? It is a collection of MMJ studies and articles. No "High Times" fluff- I prefer PubMed!

And although your opinion about cannabis doesn't seem to count for much, both parents and prohibitionists find it hard to argue with PubMed! So all you have to do is just click that first link in my sig and grab what looks good! Here's a sample of things you can find in my List-

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's (news - 2006)
    [FONT=&quot]Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's

[/FONT] Antitumor Activity of Plant Cannabinoids with Emphasis on the Effect of Cannabidiol on Human Breast Carcinoma (full - 2006)
    Antitumor Activity of Plant Cannabinoids with Emphasis on the Effect of Cannabidiol on Human Breast Carcinoma

Getting Eye On Cannabinoids (news - 2006)
    Getting Eye On Cannabinoids: The Hempire - [cannabis, london]

Marijuana May Offset Alcohol-Induced Cognitive Impairment Among Teens
    (news – 2010)
    [FONT=&quot]Marijuana May Offset Alcohol-Induced Cognitive Impairment Among Teens - NORML

And that's only the start! I have articles that bust the prohibitionist's myths- man-boobs, Gateway theory, hormone changes, etc. Your parents deserve to know the truth about cannabis! :yay: Educate yourself, then them! :yay:

Granny :wave:
    [/FONT]

19. I love grannies list. People gotta spread that shit around, links to proper studies on more topics then you can possibly come up with. If anyone is doubting the positive effects of marijuana, direct them to the list.

20. #20 Mason420, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I 2nd that !!!! :smoke: