told my dad im gay.

Discussion in 'General' started by McLovin23_x2, Jun 2, 2009.

1. this probly sounds retarded, but what is "NORMAL" really?
    i mean, something "normal" to one person could be completely abnormal to others..

2. Good for you dude. I don't know why people are getting so upset about boosh's comment.

Nothing wrong with wanting your kid to be straight, unless you try to force it on them.

But that's beside the point. It's good to hear you have an understanding dad.

3. The times that we live in now, i'm glad that there are still some intelligible people reproducing. You two will be okay, it may have shocked him but he doesn't love you any less. He could have reacted way worse man so in the the words of the greatest man to ever live, "don't worry about a thing, cause every little thing, is gonna be alright" :smoking:

4. Could have been way worse dude. I'm straight and my dad still won't talk to me. He might not be totally okay with it but he could have had a waaaay worse reaction. I'd give him a few days and then sit down and seriously talk.

5. Like I said, normalcy (ie the frequency with which something occurs) has NOTHING to do with whether or not something is right or wrong, and it is completely irrelevant to an opinion on homosexuality.

It's not 'normal' to post on a message board called GrassCity because a tiny, tiny, tiny fraction of the human population does it. Get it?

And again, homosexuality is natural because it occurs in nature -- it's been documented in almost every single species.

And inre: the male/female thing, to suggest that reproduction is an important criteria is absurd -- lots of straight couples live together for decades without dreaming of having children; is there something wrong with that? Should be there be any difference between 'dad, I'm gay' and 'dad, I'm dating someone of the opposite sex and we're never going to have children'?

6. Man you must suck at puzzles!

Nature wants to have a word with you:
    PHOTO IN THE NEWS: All-Female Ant Species Found

7. You are a sinner and you will burn in hell lulz jk gratz on your dad not killing you.

8. what POINT does homosexualty have in the subsistance of things? ya know, dick + pussy = babies

but dicks n dicks = pleasure (however you wanna define "love")

this is something that should be though about you know, like...what this means as a dynamic evolution of humanity....

if i had kids, i know i'd know that they were gay probably before they did

and pops just gotta realize that somethin he was not involved wit is now like a completely diff kinda involvement, ya herd? if you're like HIS BOI then now he's supportin a cause that he wasn't even attached to before, right?

be strong *****, there's nothing wrong with bein down wit da d.

unless you're ugly or soemthina ahahahah

9. Props for that man, that would be really hard to do. But yeah thats cool that your dad took it pretty good.

10. Maybe my puzzle doesn't fit with your puzzle. :wave:

11. Okay, first of all-- WE'RE not the anything. I'm absolutely straight.

SECOND of all-- going against nature? So does processed food, hair gel, boob jobs, hair color, make-up, indoor weed, pasteurized beer/milk/orange juice... Fuck, if man wasn't constantly going against nature then we'd still be wearing leopard print loin clothes and dragging bitches back to the cave by their hair.

Sure, straight is the "default" setting. I GUESS that's because it's more prominent. But if that's the reasoning we're going with than would you find it safe to say that a certain skin color is the default setting and anything else besides that skin color (white/black/red/yellow/poiple) is going against nature?

Fuck that, man. Hate is hate. There's a line (a very FINE one, at that) between homophobia, racism, sexism and all other prejudices but it's a slippery slope and all those aspects of hate are still one and the same at their very core.

You're more than entitled to your own opinion, just like Broosh is entitled to his but before you go deciding what's normal and what's not-- maybe you should take a good look at your surroundings. Try putting yourself in somebody else's shoes for just a minute-- I mean REALLY try. Born gay (you don't CHOOSE these things) and looking for a parent's acceptance? That's a really tough spot to be in.

12. I understand Boosh's point & agree.

I would be highly disappointed if my son ended up being gay. Not because I have a problem with gay people, but the only chance of my name and genes being passed on, would be through my son. I certainly wouldn't condemn him for it, or love him any less.

Some of you gay defenders (who aren't even gay) are just as crazy as the gay haters. Just because someone isn't pro-gay, doesn't mean their anti-gay.

13. Good job McLovin. Now just show your dad that you're not any different than the son he knew before he found out you were gay. I can understand how it might be a bit awkward at first, my oldest brother died of AIDS 7 years ago, and my parents had completely flipped out at him when they found out he was gay...but after they saw that he was still the same Akiva they had raised they embraced his homosexuality. Sometimes you just have to get past that initial "weirdness."

14. Hey, it's not that he isn't okay with it... it's just the fact that you caught him offguard.

You probably should have found a different way to tell him, dude. I mean, being gay isn't a bad thing, but it is kinda surprising to some people and it does make them uneasy at first.

I know if someone told me that way it probably would've pissed me off a little bit, it's good that your dad took it the way he did though. At least you know he can accept it and things will not change between you.

15. Just because someone is a "gay defender" doesn't mean that they're PRO-GAY.

I defend a woman's right to choose but that doesn't make me PRO-ABORTION.

It's awesome that you would be so accepting of your son. And I understand what you're saying about the 'name' and the 'genes' not being passed on. That's absolutely reasonable. I don't think having that concern means that your homophobic or in any way anti-gay. The part of Boosh's post that made me go "GRRR" is the "Don't rub it in his face" part. I can't stand when people say that shit-- as though being upfront about your sexuality (especially to a close family member) is offensive or antagonistic.

16. ^^^^ exactly

well said man i feel the same

17. Good though, he didn't freak completely out like some others do. :eek:

18. -rep

Obviously considering how we're born this way, homosexuality is the work of nature. Perhaps you should consider how you're on a counter culture forum provided for a minority. Perhaps you shouldn't come on here to attack another minority.

Anyways, to the OP. Congratulations on coming out, I bet it feels like such a weight off your shoulders. Welcome out of the closet! *hugs* Your dad gave the best answer he could at the time and based on his reflex he will only get better. This month is pride, go to your nearest city and celebrate!

19. if i was a dad and my son told me he was gay...i would disown him

20. I honestly hope you're never blessed enough to have children, then. What kind of father would disown their child? A piece of shit one, that's what kind