TOKIN's 2nd time around

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by tokindaleaf, Jun 8, 2011.

1. eyy blades this is my second grow this year. i had a few last year but i didnt put as much time into the spot as i should have and they got ripped :mad:. but anyway ive got 3 plants this year all bagseeds one came from some dankies. i havent started a journal yet cause i wanted to see if this worked out first but theyre a month old today and im going organic all the way.

and i have them in 2 gal pots as of right now

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      335.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      360.6 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      373.4 KB
      Views:
  2. They look healthy

You plan on movin into bigger containers or into ground?

3. Most likely bigger containers

I know about plants becoming root bound but i have a couple questions:

Would the plants actually die if they were kept in these pots till harvest or would they simply produce a smaller yield?

If i do transplant to larger containers how big would i have to go for them to survive?

If i do transplant will the overall size (height) be affected at all?

I've done tons of research on this stuff over the past few years but i never seemed to find much information on pot size.
    Also im always a little uncomfortable with transplanting and i already lost one plant in the beginning of this season due to some root damage from switching pots

4. UPDATE: checked on them yesterday. they seem to have grown a few inches already only 3 days after the first update.
    i gave them their once a week coffee-watering which they seem to love...

Attached Files:

5. 1. Your plants would not die. Potentially produce a less potent product / small yield.
    2.I would transplant to a size bigger. at least 7 gallon
    3. If you transplant you'll notice your plants will love you for it.

6. I don't think its that crucial you transplant right now, but i would within 2 or 3 weeks.

7. Ya ill probably end up doing that thanks

8. Transplant them, whether its into the ground, or into other containers your plants will love you for it. Throw down some money for some good soil too (I got good, organic soil for 4$-5$ a bag. Trust me. Its worth it.

9. Update? And damn butter my organic soil usually goes for $10-15 after tax per 1.5 cubic foot. It's some GOOD stuff. Anyways, whats up with it tokin?

10. Nice looking plants.
    But stop the coffee waterings now! Coffee is very acidic and will soon lead to a pH drop in your soil, which is a bad thing.

11. Local stuff here in WNC, Black Kow Organic Composted Cow Manure, Mushroom Compost, organic potting soil, etc all in 50 lb bags all go for around $4.50. Its not Fox Farms, but its the best local stuff available and my plants seem to like it.

12. hey guys sorry about the wait on the updates. i checked a few days ago and they were about 4 feet tall each, 2 were definitely females to my naked eye. so i went back early this morning with a magnifying glass, my digital camera, and some more water... only to find out that all three were stolen pots and all sometime during the past few days.

second year in a row this has happened to me and im pretty upset about it. it was a really nice hidden spot and i put lots of work and a decent amount of cash into this grow. i have a room prepared for the drying process and all the materials i wouldve needed.

so ya, shit sucks but hopefully karma will get the fuckers back.

till next season, cya around,

tokin

13. Damn man thats horrible. I live in MA as well, have to watch out for those massholes . Was it in an obvious location? Or do you think you told 1 to many people about it?

Sorry just read your post again. Second time its happened?? Either the spot wasnt as good as you thought it was or someone saw you going in and out.

14. Damn, man this almost happened to me man too!
    I was ay a shindig thing over by my and my buddies casa, just a few people drinkin some brews and catchin up with each other. Not to mention this spot is prob 250 to 350 yards from my op. Anyway the next day after calling it a night and heading back for my pad. I wake up with a txt from my buddie saying some kids were talkin about finding some plants.
    I didnt give it second thoughts, (at night) i go back to this spot to pull it from the ground. Yes the ground. I put it