Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Toking's making me sad. Why?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by nonvotphod, Jan 20, 2009.

1. I've been toking for about six months and one thing I've noticed is that it most definitely makes me a happy gigglebox. Think dancing with, naming, and conversing with the trees. However, for the most of this time I've been going to uni on the other side of the country.

Recently I've returned to my native BC and I'm living with my mom and sister, neither of whom smoke, but totally don't mind me doing so. I'd thought that toking at home would make the experience that much better (everything's green, it's sunny, and it's home) but of the three times I've done it since returning (4x in a month :( ), only two times at my mom's, I've been sad, angry, or both. I generally just spend my time feeling guilty, hiding in my room, and trying to do work (homework, correspondence, chores) that really should be put off for another, more sober :p, time or getting in arguments with people. And the worst part is my mom isn't even against it or anything!

Yeah, so I haven't toked for the past 3 weeks (a record for me) and I really miss it but I'm afraid that I'll just get sad and guilty again. So if anybody has any suggestions, words of wisdom, or just some hilariously stoned advice, that'd be great.

Happy Tokin' :smoke:

2. You just have to think positive thoughts man. If you're starting to feel sad or whatever just tell yourself NO and then change your line of thought. It's not hard if you're consistent.

3. Are you smoking by yourself? Maybe you miss being with your friends, I know I would.

4. That is one possibility. Also:

You are ashamed. You don't want your mom or sister around that. It is perfectly normal. Don't worry. Just keep reminding yourself that they don't mind, and you should be fine. Think mega positive thoughts before you smoke, and you should have a happy high.

Happy tokin. :smoke:

5. This is the simple truth: if you are getting stuff done when high that you don't get done when sober, and these things hold value to you, what could you be doing wrong if you see others as overreacting to your non-harmful choice? :) Feel free, man!

6. What do you like to do around the house normally?
    I always do something fun like surf the internet or something

When im solo, nothing makes me happier than toking and then sitting on the couch watching tv while on my laptop with a Dr.Pepper and cheezits.

7. Yea being around friends is a sure fire way to have a happy high as well. I've had bad thoughts before when I'm alone but when you're with friends there's usually never a moment dull enough to think about bad or unhappy shit.

8. Ya i would invite some friends over and toke with them see how that turns out

9. maybe youre thinking bad thoughts while getting high? I've noticed that if I'm thinking of something while getting high, itll be in my head for the duration

10. Dude smoking pot does not affect your mood. There are no cannabinoid receptors active in that part of your brain. YOU control YOU. If you are in a weird or skeptical mood before, yep you guessed it! ur gonna be in a weird skeptical mood after. When a person loses control of their thoughts that person should be committed to an asylum. Take responsibility for yourself and don't blame it on an innocient by-stander.:)

11. Well buddy I know what you mean, but weed can't mask what your feeling deep down inside. Maybe Seasonal Depression Syndrome? It affects a huge number of people and I get it sometimes, but it is definitely something to look into because just knowing that you have it makes you feel better that you know why you are thinking the way you do now. Another thing is you miss the life you led before and are ashamed or something because I have seen that in a lot of my brothers friends and people that I know as well. So, I know it sounds sappy, but try to go and sit down and talk about your situation with your mom and sister, believe it or not they can help you so much more than any drug could ever. Anyways, I wish you the best of luck and I hope that you find relief as soon as possible.:)