Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Toking

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by James5v, Apr 9, 2022.

Tags:
  1. From what I have read THC is absorbed by the lungs very quickly, less than 10 seconds. I am just curious as to your opinions on how long to hold the toke to get the best dose of THC.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Not quite 50 years ago now in a country half a world away as a broke young man I learned to smoke Hash. Niice stuff this Hashish but even in 1974 it wasn't cheap. So we learned to squeeze every last possible bit of stone from each toke.

If you think about it as you hold the hit your heart is pumping more blood through your Lungs exchanging CO2 for O2 and picking up more THC with every second that smoke is in your Lungs.

I take a hit I know I can hold a while. Then add some air to drive it in deep. Wait 10 seconds. Blow out 1/3 of the hit and grab some fresh air. That staves off the desire to resume breathing. Blow out 2/3rds. Inhale again. Wait. Finally dump it all in one big exhale. By now the Hash has my head swimming like a mother and I need to set down.

I still smoke the Kief I shake from the Cannabis I grow exactly the same way.
    [​IMG]

The whole process takes me about 60 seconds. I smoke a doobie the same way.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  3. There was an entire etiquette about smoking Hash in a group when everybody contributes to the bowl. To take to big a hit and cough it out would get you the stink eye scolding from the group and someone would call you out as a pig, glutton or just asshole. The best to get group approval was to get a nice pull and still be holding it as the pipe came back around. You could often see the guy who just handing you the pipe struggling to keep it down.

BNW

4. A couple years ago I read a study about this very subject. The study concluded that you just need to hold hits in for a count of 3-5 to get the full dose. Holding it in for a long time is unnecessary and won't get you any higher. If you do feel higher from holding hits in a long time it's most likely the effect of oxygen depletion. THC like nicotine is very fast acting so save your lungs and just hold for 3-5 seconds.

• Like Like x 2