Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Toking with a Thermometer?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ktoke, Oct 7, 2014.

1. #1 ktoke, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
    So I've been reading about how weed is best smoked at a certain temperature, and that people use soldering irons for this reason. It got me thinking, could I potentially buy a metal meat thermometer, and use a torch lighter to get it close to proper heat, and use it the way you'd use a soldering iron? Would it really make a difference? Or should I not waste my time?

2. K.I.S.S., no offense.

3. Nope dont waste your time unless you can vape and set the actual temp.

4. ive heard of the soldering iron vape idea, never really seemed to take off except with certain concentrates that wont run off. the reason folks love the soldering iron is it doesnt affect taste since its a ceramic tip, similar to glass wand/rod just without the wait time of heating it with a torch. i would say enjoy the clean taste of the soldering iron, avoid trying to ghetto a vape.

5. i once smoked with a thermometer.. i got so high i forgot about it, sat down and had broken glass all in my ass.

it was really painful.