Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Toking up on the strip in Vegas?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Psygonyx, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Last time I was in Vegas, I smoked a joint in broad view right on the strip, without so much as a second glance from anybody, police or otherwise. But that was three years ago, so I'm wondering if tolerance has changed since then.

According to this, cannabis is decriminalized in Nevada, so that means the worst that could happen is a couple hundred dollar fine, right? Just want to make sure beforehand.

If it matters, I'll be rolling Black and Milds into blunts (the way I do it, it just looks like an ordinary Black), and I might bring my dugout as well. Smoking in my room is not an option, since not everybody I'm going with is a blade.

Thoughts?

2. #2 WhatsaBong, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2012
    In 2002, Nevada made possession of any amount of cannabis for non-medical use by persons age 21 or older punishable by a $600 fine or drug treatment; stricter punishments exist for multiple offenses, cultivation, sale, or driving under the influence. Also, for adults under age 21 and minors, possession of less than one ounce of cannabis is a class E felony, punishable by one to four years in prison and a fine of up to $5000.[50] It is unclear whether persons under age 21 convicted of cannabis crimes would lose their voting rights, since the Twenty-sixth Amendment to the United States Constitution states that persons age eighteen or older shall not be denied the right to vote on account of age, and voting rights would only be lost because the criminal is under age 21.

That's what I found, I'm not sure how the 'tolerance' is there seeing I haven't been their.

3. #3 Psygonyx, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2012
    Thanks. I'm 23 so it looks like I won't have much of a problem. Thing is, I've heard stories of people getting arrested and booked, so what's the deal with that? Any locals/regular visitors care to chime in?

4. I've seen a couple of people smoking on the Strip but I wouldn't risk it. Smoke in your hotel room use a bowl and buy a smoke buddy.

5. personally id risk it....just dont be an ass obviously, be cool about it

if i was you though id walk a block off the strip...i lived out there for about 6 months, the cops are usually pretty chill about you getting caught just smoking as long as you dont piss them off.....good luck and have fucking fun in vegas man, i miss it out there

6. i went there for a half week vacation. i wish i would have been high, its amazing! there are a lot of places to smoke(i dont know, but i thought about it), just walk a block or two away from the strip. or you could smoke out of your hotel window.