Toking up after general anesthesia

Discussion in 'General' started by 420MyTime, Aug 10, 2009.

1. First off I am a newbie on the forums, not really a newbie to smoking but anyways i have a question that i cant seem to find an answer to on the web, and i was hoping someone here could help me out. I just had surgery this morning to have a pilonidal cyst removed. It was pretty minor surgery i guess, i was only out for about 45 minutes, the surgery was at 11 o'clock this morning and i was wondering if it is safe for me to toke up tonight? Also they gave me vicodin for pain and i was wondering if it is ok to toke while on vicodin? I took a couple bong rips last night just to help me get to sleep and i was fine under the anesthesia but i just want to make sure i am good to go now. Any help is much appreciated!! Thanks :)

2. You are good to smoke weed, just no cigs, Bud should help with any nausea the medicine brings on. Make sure you do any exercises the surgeon gave you to keep your blood moving to prevent blood clots (if applicable).

The only unsafe time to smoke is 24-48 times before anesthesia. you want your lungs to be nice and strong when surgery happens

3. Awesome, its gonna be hard to not smoke a cig after a bowl but i think i can manage that. Thanks dude, and im just curious, how long should i wait before smoking a cig?