Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Toking in your room is easier than i thought!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jawnski, May 24, 2010.

1. Congrats on ur discovery of ur new smokin spot. I've heard about that little vape a lot are there no downsides besides the price.

2. If you are in an apartment or dorm that has a smoke alarm, you might be scared of smoking in your dorm (I was ultra paranoid at first). At first I put a little disposable bowl over the alarm and duct taped it around the edges to make it air tight. It worked until parents/landlord/dorm alarm checker came by and I had to take it down. It ripped some paint off the wall and made it obvious that I was tampering with it. Since then I have found a better way: get a t-shirt (the thicker the material the better) and grab it holding the sleeve and neckhole with one hand so that way it kind of makes a continuous hole. Then drape the neckhole over the smoke alarm so that way the sleeve/shoulder falls over the alarm. Get a mister and mist the shirt to keep it moist before you smoke.
    I smoked hookahs, weed from all kind of apparatuses, and salvia in my dorm room this way all year. Its also easy to remove (takes like two seconds) in case someone comes knockin that would not like the fact that you are tampering with the alarm.

3. My set up consists of an open window, and possibly sticking my head out said window so I can blow the smoke where the wind won't blow it back in (generally above my window, smoke travels up, right?)

Its worked.

Don't get too cocky though, when you stop being cautious, you will be caught. I've had it happen to me.

4. Well since smoke rises, if you have your room on the top floor, you really just need the window open, blow the smoke out the window, and maybe spray afterward. I (unfortunately) am in the basement, so I always have to toke outside.

5. dude thats so funny, I was about to write a post similar to this about my set up but I see you beat me to it! :smoke:
    well my set up is:

towel under door, cap the bowl on my bong as soon as I lift it,
    use a sploof (bounce dryer sheets in toilet paper roll), and a fan blowing aorund my room for an our, maybe some spray.

Yeah I do it all day long and my mom can walk in a few seconds after I smoke and she wont even smell it.

YEEEH!:hello::D:D:D:D:eek:

6. Right! Im with you, dude. Its about time I get one of these damn things.

And some of these blades might just be a little too paranoid. :D

7. never will i smoke in my house again.

i tryed taking a small hit of my bong, sitting on the basement steps to go outside (belco doors) i exhale outside in a paper towel tube filled with dryer sheets, then 1 min later my mom comes down and walks around and goes back upstairs, i get a call and my mom says to come upstairs and she says, "i know that was weed down there i know how it affects me and i dont like the smell of it"

lol yea, i go outback now

8. One thing hyou gotta love is chill parents i toke up in my room and just turn on a fan to rotate and mess up the smoke and spray windex

9. ^This. My glass is on display 24/7 on my studio desk. :D

10. i have a window fan that has the option to intake air and exhaust air, the exhaust air literally sucks everything out of my room within 30 seconds or so because my rooms small as fuck

11. #32 biw999, May 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2010
    That's what I used to use for smoking in my room as well. Picked up a Sunbeam window fan from wal-mart for like $30. I'm glad I don't have to use it anymore though because it was kind of loud so I had to turn my TV up pretty loud to be able to hear it lol.

Pro-tip for people without a fan: You can turn on your house's A/C fan and crack your window just a few inches and the air pressure will build up in the house causing the airflow to move through your room and out the window. You just have to make sure that there aren't any other windows open in the house(except yours of course). You can double check to make sure this method is working by closing your bedroom door and holding a lighter flame to the cracks of your door(you should be able to just feel the air rushing in too). The flame should be flickering TOWARD you as that will indicate the general airflow of the house is coming through your room.

I used this method until I got my window fan and my room would air out within 30 minutes and a little Fabreeze Air Effects would kill any lingering smells. I used a spoof with this method as well. If you plan on smoking indoors, use a spoof. It helps significantly.

12. I smoke out my window nearly every night. Box fan attacked to the windows facing out, ash tray on windowsill, computer chair facing tv. I bought some fabreez yesterday, fresh linen, should help a bit too.

13. haha i tried this one time for the fun to see how good it accually works....and i relized it works but now i just hate the smell of dryer sheets.

14. honestly, as long as your parents or anyone who may care is asleep...you could easily just smoke with the windows open...no fan or sploof or stuff like that.

Just blow your hits out the window.

I would advise smoking inside if your parents would get upset because you should respect their house and rules. Just go for a quick 5 min "walk" and you wont ever have to worry about getting caught.

15. People get up in the middle of the night for various reasons, whether it be to use the bathroom, take out the dog, or to get a late night snack. I would never trust not using at least a spoof because if the airflow isn't right, the air from outside is just going to blow the smoke right back in your face and out your room and into the rest of the house. If someone gets up and smells that(might not even have to get up if the smell has traveled to their bedroom), you're fucked.

Thinking it's easy and that you're never going to get caught usually ends up being the reason why you get caught. Take the necessary precautions. It's not going to hurt your high or anything so why not take the time and use one?

16. for me its very easy, because although my parents are very strict they never come into my room once i say im going to bed. i did get caught smoking in my room in the morning though once :smoking:

17. i also said to take a walk outside.

18. Yeah, and you also said to not worry about a spoof or fan when smoking inside. I'm not trying to be an asshole here. I've just seen a lot of people get caught because they thought they couldn't get caught.

19. d. d d d d inspector gadget x3
    :smoke: