Toking before a job interview?

Discussion in 'General' started by G35Rider, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Got a pretty high paying job interview after work around 6PM. I am thinking about toking up before going into it. Who here performs better when high for job interviews?

2. ver nervouse

3. Fuck no, you crazy.

4. I am stoned all day, so I am quite used to functioning while high.

Stoned is normal for me, so yes I would smoke before the interview.

If I didn't, I would probably be a lot more nervous.

5. i went to mine and it went good etc i got the job

but it feels weird, i went to the training sober, then smoked with my friends during my hour break, and then went to the orientation high as shit, i think a lot of people knew lol

6. Man, this is your future job. Can't you take it seriously for atleast the first few seconds? You dont need to be high 24/7 man..

7. This, MOST definitely!

8. What way to better make a first impression on your employer than showing up high as hell, red-eyed, cotton-mouthed and reeking of weed? Hell, don't even dress up or shave for it. Just show up in your cleanest Pink Floyd shirt and some athletic shorts and sandals. Offer your interviewer a smoke, maybe hit on them if you're feeling it. This is a true recipe for sucess.

9. I would say if you smoke a lot everyday I would take a hit or two, sometimes when you dont smoke for a while things get all weird lookin and feelin strange
    SHit happened to me at my interview and I nearly blew it cuz of that, still got the job though :smoke:

but that would depend on how you are on a day to day basis, if you dont smoke erryday then I wouldn't man.
    If you are just take a hit or two man, dont overdo it.

10. OMFG this is hilarious i agree smoking before a interview could go really bad could also on the other hand be a very interesting interview.:smoke:

11. Everyone's physiology is different. It comes down to what you're comfortable with. Good luck!

12. *sigh* assumptions.

First of all, my eyes don't get red when I smoke.
    They used to when I was like 14-18, but not any more.
    I have no clue why, but they don't. I still use Rohto's anyway,
    because it feels like an ice-cube is melting on your eyeballs. It's epic.

No chance of redness for me :)

Secondly, I am not going to show up reeking like weed or with cottonmouth (Why would cottonmouth matter?)

I would probably vape instead of smoke for that day, and have a bottle of water with me like always.

These are just my opinions.

I am opening an e-liquid store for electronic cigarette juices, so I doubt very seriously I'll have any job interviews any time soon, unless I am conducting them.

Wo0T for entrepreneurship. Blaze on.

13. sorry man but i agree with this guy
    usually i would be pro for tihs but..
    probation changes you man o.o

14. generally i would say do what you feel, but damn dude. You are the reason for pre-employment drug screen.

15. This. Your just reinforcing the "pothead" mentality. "Oh man I need my marijuana to get through a job interview.." Learn to become a productive citizen first and then make time for smoking.

16. Go baked. Do it, no balls.

17. i have a job interview at 11 today, im blazed now and will be before i go.

18. I night go baked dude one of the main reasons I like to smoke socially is it makes me more pleasent haha, like it gets rid of social anxiety that I have and I have a lot more to talk about

Overall I'm all more interting, now I've never gone to job interviews high but I've seriosly considered it.

19. Just a couple of hits to clear the distortion, not enough to be absolved from reality.

20. Yeah I fully agree with this.
    No matter how well you can act while high, you still shouldnt smoke before a job interview.
    Why do you need to be high all the time? Some things you need to be sober for.