Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Toking at an airport

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by anonymous911, Jun 3, 2012.

1. No. Not inside the airport. I'm thinking of checking my bags and getting my boarding pass, going back to my car and taking a few rips before going thru security. Of course I will use eyedrops, gum, and whatever else i need to de-smellify myself. But can I get in trouble for smelling like weed at an airport, even if I don't have any on me?

Also, while I'm at it, I'm gonna be bringing some THC hard candies on my carry-on to eat on the plane/on my layover. I'm gonna put them in with a bag of skittles and other assorted candies. Will this pose any hazard?

Pretty much I just need to know if there are usually drug dogs in American airports near the security? It's a domestic flight, btw.

2. that's just dumb man

3. Depending on the size of the airport, there can be police dogs. Smaller airports tend to have less police activity. As far as smelling like weed goes, it is not illegal but it will be suspicious. If you're smart about it you should be fine.

4. Yeah, not too smart of an idea and knowing the fascist TSA you might be more likely to get search & go through scanners, but overall as-long as you don't bring weed with you, you should be good. Just don't make it obvious. :smoke:

5. Just smoke before you go in, use visine and spray something on yourself why go in the airport then leave just to smoke

6. edibles before you go in. that way your sober all the way through the important stuff but are nicely toasted by the time your on the plane

7. you can definitely get away with it, but why risk it?

8. Already got the edibles taken care of. Smoking is much more novelty for me tho, so i'd prefer to smoke cause it'll be the last time for a while.

i'm pro at covering up the smell, so I think i'll be golden, just wanted to get some other opinions.

9. well, bad ideas make for good stories so why not

10. [quote name='"toaster032"']well, bad ideas make for good stories so why not[/quote]

New favorite quote.

11. theyll let you in eventaully but maybe after a baggage check /security room check

12. if you were smarter you would smoke on the airplane

13. Just eat a couple of edibles instead of smoking, then by the time they kick in you should be in your seat drinking a beer and feeling fine as fuck.

14. Yea I'd say if your carrying weed, don't go through high, but the best idea would probly be to eat an edible before going and not take any weed with you.

15. That's probably fine.

Even if you got caught what would they do? Nothing.

Airport security are really on interested on catching the people who smuggle a lot of drugs

16. i'd hit that shit while walking through security fuck hiding htat. imagine the awesome story you will have then

17. Dunno if I'd try it in the US with the crazy customs, but I've done it in the UK loads of times. As in every time I've been to an airport since I started smoking.

18. Except they'll suspect him of smuggling if they think he's high. They're not going to go "Nah guys, it's cool. He smoked before getting on, that's perfectly fine." They're going to pull him to the side and question him. Even if they let him go, he'll end up missing his flight and have to pay for new tickets. This is American flight security we're talking about, you'd be better off taking your chances with Russia these days.

@ OP: You're going to fuck up. I don't care how good you think you are at handling your high, you're going to be nervous enough to behave slightly odd. You won't think much of it but security personnel are trained to look for that sort of thing, you're the kind of schmuck they look out for every single day.

If anything, smoke an hour (and a half) before you you board or go through the checks, then have your edibles on the flight.

19. [quote name='"GavinGill"']
    Except they'll suspect him of smuggling if they think he's high. They're not going to go "Nah guys, it's cool. He smoked before getting on, that's perfectly fine." They're going to pull him to the side and question him. Even if they let him go, he'll end up missing his flight and have to pay for new tickets. This is American flight security we're talking about, you'd be better off taking your chances with Russia these days.[/quote]

Actually I've gotten to the counter an through security absotively-posilutely REEKING of literally THE best & stinkiest bud, hash and oil I've ever had. I'm not kidding either this stuff drank up a whole 600+ sqft THROUGH a glass jar w/ proper seal.

Anyway, I've had airport security comment and multiple people say "WOW.. You smell pretty strong". And I've yet to be searched any more thoroughly than before. Lol.

And as for airport security being so good. They're not. They REALLY aren't. The staff are COMPLETELY untrained ignorant buffoons. Not only that but all their procedures are still just for show. Someone REALLY trying to smuggle something/cause damage at an airport/plane whatever could do it almost laughably easily on any airport in any country in the world(the exception being Israeli flights, whole other ballgame). But anyway.

[quote name='"GavinGill"']
    If anything, smoke an hour (and a half) before you you board or go through the checks, then have your edibles on the flight.[/quote]

This.
    So much this.
    This is what I always do (except I medicate literally up until the airport door lol) and I just to about my business. This is exactly what I tell people to do when talking about smoking and airports.

Good Growing and Happy Toking!

20. Your fiending bro. Is dope really that much of a priority?