Toking and the effects on the Immune System

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by tanman33, Jul 25, 2012.

1. All of my young life I was so certain that I had an incredible immune system. I hardly ever got sick and if I did it was maybe every other year and it would be over it in a day or two. Just over a year ago I started smoking weed quite often: at least once a day, but maybe more. In the last 3 months alone I've gotten Strep twice, Pneumonia, a Sinus Infection, and now I have an Abscess Tonsil. In health class they always warned about Marijuana's effects your health but I thought nothing of it because even though I was a steady smoker I was still improving as an athlete. I usually smoke high-middle grade commercial weed because Danks are difficult to get around here, so that may have something to do with it. Does anyone feel that marijuana has been responsible for negative effects on their immune system? Do you have any advice on improving my immune system while still not cutting back on my favorite hobby? Thanks! Peace out!:smoke:

2. Smoking will increase your vulnerability to those things period
    Weed or not.

Hot smoke literally.damages the cells in your sinus and throat.

3. Sooo cooling the smoke down would lessen the damage? Maybe I should use a nice icy bong more often?