Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Toking an Driving

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by MinorMindTricks, Dec 5, 2013.

1. I'm new to the whole Driving and smoking thing not sure if a lot of people actually light up while driving like I do whether it be blunts,joints or pipes just wondering how many of you smoke while driving

2. I used to light up joints while driving, never got caught, but i consider myself lucky.  Another time a friend was holding up a pipe and lighting it while I was driving and I almost crashed into a snow bank.  That was the last time I ever did that.  As to driving while stoned I think it made me a lot more cautious, but it varies from person to person.

3. its enjoyable but dont do it man. any contact with the police is 99% of the time guna happen in ur car. it will catch up with u. maybe not today, maybe not this year or even decade. cops r dicks dont be a statistic 

[​IMG]

4. I smoke blunts most of the time they can't tell even if they did see and they won't I drive a truck so there lookin up at me if I put it below the window I'm good

haha of course man! Who doesnt love mobbin while high. just gotta make sure your chillin so the 5/0 doesnt crash the party.
    drivin at night with my subs and blunt in hand....doesnt get much better then that ill tell ya that much

6. Whatever is getting passed around in my car is what im smoking when im driving. if its a bowl i drive with my knees and toke up  :smoking:

7. i LOVE THIS!

8. ha ya its dope but true. ill admit driving high makes me a better driver i dont speed or rage much more courteous and cautious. 

but the risk is too high. alot of yall r teenagers. im 22 now. smoked for years and years while i drived. blatantly. with no regard.

then all of a sudden got caught multiple times in a short span of time. if you r goin to get caught, it WILL be in your car. dont do it be smart

9. I'm a Great stoned driver but from now on I'm gonna roll and drive instead of Hitting the piece thx for info knew piece was a lil sketchy

10. for the past few years I have been smoking and driving pretty much daily. after school I grab all my shit and head to the same parking lot, roll a blunt and smoke. usually before going into work, other times I'll make the trip 2 and a half hours! I have a route that I travel on to smoke. that's the most important thing! find roads that are somewhat back roads but still have through traffic. my route goes all around the border of my town and a little into the surrounding towns. you really need to be smart. If you ever see a police officer, stay calm and keep the blunt down below the window. unless the sun is hitting your car right, passing drivers will not be able to tell your car is hotboxed( unless you get pulled over) if that happens, keep the blunt, it's gunna smell like weed and you need something to show the cop. make sure the rest of your stash is out away and if you can, throw that scale. cops smells weed and you give him the blunt your friend smoked earlier in your car ;) :smoke: driving and smoking is said to be a no no but if you are smart and a good driver, you can smoke all day everyday on the open roads

11. [quote name="Art of War" post="19105629" timestamp="1386248640"]smart mandude the cop would literally take u to jail and impound ur car in most states it will catch up with usmoking WHILE u drive is a silly and costly risk trust me[/quote]think about when you drive at night. can you see what other drivers are doing? most cops aren't staring into the driver seat and checking on people passing them. For the last three months I have had an electrical issue in my shitbox that makes the headlight and foglight on te right go out. I continue to drive and smoke with 2 lights out. Also, in my state, police cannot search your car just from the smell of marijuana. And the cops in my town have never arrested on personal use.( I check the logs) let me just say if you are smoking on roads through a center or on popular roads your doing it wrong. if when driving you have seen a cop sitting there, make a mental note not to speed there. I've been on the roads for 2 years and know every single road in my town where I can smoke and can't. certain roads I won't hit the blunt until a certain area. BE SMART.

12. [quote name="jason78" post="19105642" timestamp="1386249212"]think about when you drive at night. can you see what other drivers are doing? most cops aren't staring into the driver seat and checking on people passing them. For the last three months I have had an electrical issue in my shitbox that makes the headlight and foglight on te right go out. I continue to drive and smoke with 2 lights out. Also, in my state, police cannot search your car just from the smell of marijuana. And the cops in my town have never arrested on personal use.( I check the logs) let me just say if you are smoking on roads through a center or on popular roads your doing it wrong. if when driving you have seen a cop sitting there, make a mental note not to speed there. I've been on the roads for 2 years and know every single road in my town where I can smoke and can't. certain roads I won't hit the blunt until a certain area. BE SMART.[/quote]"Being smart" doesnt always cut it. One day you'll realize the thrill of blunt/joint/bong cruisin isnt worth the risk of your freedom. I dont know how old you are but i realized that at 16..

13. [quote name="Art of War" post="19105660" timestamp="1386249506"]dude i literally sounded just like you i smoked blatantly for 5 years while driving like with no regard without getting caught. been pulled over cuz ima aggressive driver with the car reekin had it checked a few time with bud in there. never got caught, until all of a sudden got busted twice in like 4 months. it will happen man ur 18(been on the roads two years can get license at 16) just take my advice and do urself a favor. or call up a lawyer around u and do a free consultation. ask him how smart it is to smoke and drive. and cops most certainly are starring at ppl as they pass them. its their JOB to BUST you[/quote] I know what I'm doing is not the smartest and yes I'm a stupid kid ;) but hear me out. if you are a driver who has been on the roads everyday at all different times in your town you start to learn where the cops hang out, where traffic sucks, and roads that are perfect for smoking.

14. When I was doing my lessons , I swore to myself to not blaze before hand . That happened about %80 of the time lol

So , the %20 or so times that I went and did a driving lesson while high as fuck , to my surprise its not too bad . In fact I concentrate more excluding the fact that your highness can be distracting in itself . 

Also , its not like I smoked a gram and then straight went to drive , it was always about 90 min before the lesson .. 

I think If went to drive straight after a heavy smoke , Id freak out a bit .. Either way , I managed to get the licence so now when I drive high , I make sure I know exactly where Im going , I stay focused as fuck , no loud music , and make sure the high isnt one of those distracting highs that makes your mind wander ..

I think its fine . As long as you know the sorta "rules" , if you get me  :smoke:

15. Sounds like how drunk drivers rationalize it to themselves.

I might have an unpopular opinion but I think it'd be on everyone's best interest to learn to not drive after getting high as IF/when it's legalized I feel there will be a HUGE thc DUI push from MADD and others. You might think it's different but to the legal system they will hammer you with the same DUI as a drunk driver and they are working on the technology to test on the side of the road like a PBT does for alcohol. And you say do it in a moving vehicle, doesn't help you if a cop is profiling you cause he'll just follow you and wait for you to make even the slightest infraction in order to pull you over and suddenly you have to figure out a way to kill the smell. Don't kid yourself, you are still driving under the influence of a controlled substance no matter how you do it and that's dangerous period.

16. Never smoked while driving, but mainly because i gotta hide from the police.

17. #17 RedEyeCEO, Dec 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2013
    It took me a while to be comfortable driving while smoking. I've never been a cig smoker so I'm not used to smoking and driving. If you're comfortable driving high then why not? I've never been in an accident high and I don't know anyone who has. Except this one idiot who always gets in accidents even when he isn't high.

18. I don't think that's the best of ideas. I'm quite sure there has to be some sort of a side effect that impairs your ability to make proper decisions on the road, it's not all so fluffy and innocent, why not just smoke home or when you're stationary and then not go to the wheel right after?

19. [quote name="Hypoxic" post="19105809" timestamp="1386253075"]Sounds like how drunk drivers rationalize it to themselves.I might have an unpopular opinion but I think it'd be on everyone's best interest to learn to not drive after getting high as IF/when it's legalized I feel there will be a HUGE thc DUI push from MADD and others. You might think it's different but to the legal system they will hammer you with the same DUI as a drunk driver and they are working on the technology to test on the side of the road like a PBT does for alcohol. And you say do it in a moving vehicle, doesn't help you if a cop is profiling you cause he'll just follow you and wait for you to make even the slightest infraction in order to pull you over and suddenly you have to figure out a way to kill the smell. Don't kid yourself, you are still driving under the influence of a controlled substance no matter how you do it and that's dangerous period.[/quote] Thanks dad. But I highly doubt you will get a dui. Yeah I know you can but a cop isn't going to waste his time writing someone up for driving under the influence of thc. He could pull over 10 cars and arrest 5 for it. It's to common to worry about.

20. Put it this way, if you tell a cop you are drunk he is going to arrest you ASAP. If you tell him you're high he is calling for back up and searching the car for the next hour until they find something. When they don't find anything you're free to go. At least in Maryland that's what happens and I'm pretty sure Maryland is one of the most strict states when it comes to marijuana.