Tokin' at catholic school

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by zyxwv88, Mar 31, 2011.

1. A week ago or so, I had a buddy ask if I could come up and fix his computer for him. It was loaded with spyware and I'm pretty good at cleaning them up. He also asked if I could bring up some weed with me so we could smoke a bowl together since he hasn't been able to find any in a month (and he's focusing on school mostly). I was a little leery of leaving my home with weed because of bad experiences, but it was a buddy so I reluctantly agreed.

His school was about an hour drive away, but as I'm heading over there it occurs to me that although only an hour, it was across state lines and possession is a misdemeanor there, whereas it is only an infraction here. That worried me even more, but I told myself that I'd just play it careful. No smoking other than with him, all weed sealed up in tupperware to remove smell, etc. So I get to the school, and he gives me directions to the middle of campus where I find out that he lives in the dorms in a very catholic school. He brings up up to his room and I start working on his computer. He pulls out my vape and weed, and I suggest opening the window and blowing all the smoke out. I had forgotten my sploof at home, but vaping doesn't smell as much, so I figured that blowing smoke out a 4th story window should be fairly safe. As an extra precaution I had my buddy throw a towel under the door.

So about the time I'm done working on computers for him, a couple of his friends come up. They comment on how they can smell weed all the way down the hall and it's obvious that it's coming from his room. I sit for a moment and think about it, and I realize that I had totally missed the fact that with is window open, there was a faint breeze coming INTO the room. So all the smoke that we were exhaling went back in the room, under the door, and out into the hall.

At this point, I decide that it would be a very good thing to scram. I'm about 10 years older than my buddy, and having an older out-of-state visitor brining weed into a catholic school dorm would NOT look good in a state that hasn't decriminalized weed. I suppose that it's a good thing that the weed was making me paranoid. I apologized to my buddy for ditching him later, but I wasn't about to take a chance.

Yes, I realize that I was being kind of stupid about a lot of things there, and I'm very lucky I didn't get busted, but that has to be one of the scariest things I've had happen to me so far. It reinforced to me that my rule of never taking pot out of the house is a good one, no matter how much your buddy may beg. :)

2. Yeah man, I would've done the same thing. Don't feel bad! :bong: