TOKERS VEIWS ON(life,drugs,time and the universe)

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by IrTOKER, Jan 18, 2007.

1. First let me state a few theorys to support my grand idea

Time is relitive.

Essentialy as you speed up time slows down.

The universe is expanding exponetialy, so it expands faster and faster.
    If the expasion of the universe is accelerating, then everything inside it must also be accelerating.

So my first point is that time seems much faster then it did 100, 200 years ago, But we would not notice this because we are part of it.

People say as u get older time goes on faster, in theory it actually may be faster.

10 years to a 90 year old man is very short compared to 10 years to a 10 year old boy

When you are born everything is new and intresting, becuase u have never seen this before, colors are more vibrant, life is better, not to mention relitive time is slower.

This is much like the effects of mary jane, time seems slower, colors more vibrant, everything is more intresting,
    So in theory birth is the ultimate high, and pot just lets u remember how that feels:smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking:

2. My view on the universe:

[​IMG]

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
    And revolving at 900 miles an hour,
    That's orbiting at 19 miles a second, so it's reckoned,
    A sun that is the source of all our power.
    The sun and you and me and all the stars that we can see,
    Are moving at a million miles a day
    In an outer spiral arm, at 40,000 miles an hour,
    Of the galaxy we call the Milky Way.

Our galaxy itself contains 100 billion stars
    It's 100,000 light years side to side.
    It bulges in the middle, 16,000 light years thick
    But out by us its just 3,000 light years wide
    We're 30,000 light years from galactic central point,
    We go round every 200 million years
    And our galaxy is only one of millions of billions
    In this amazing and expanding Universe.

The Universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding
    In all of the directions it can whizz
    As fast as it can go, at the speed of light you know,
    12 million miles a minute, and that's the fastest speed there is.
    So remember when you're feeling very small and insecure
    How amazingly unlikely is your birth
    And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
    Because there' bugger all down here on earth.

3. on the topic of space/time, time/space mind/space, space/mind, one argument that is becoming more and more convincing to me is that, there are at least 4 dimensions, and the forth, and possible others, can be accessed through altered states of conciousness. this includes goin back/forth in time.

life-a gift. one that should be celebrated every day.

drugs-a conundrum in many aspects, at least when it comes to governmental and media viewpoints. the government outlaws some of the least harmful drugs, and for what reason, none. in fact, studies were halted before any true dangers could be publicised, officially anyway. those who've tried acid, mushrooms, mescalin etc, generally cant find any real health problems.

drugs can be a tool, release, escape, confidant, weapon, and many more...

4. Nice one Rasta. My sentiments exactly :D

And since we're lucky enough even being born on this insignificant but absolutely fabulous piece of rock swirling around in a nondescript solar-system in a bog standard galaxy in a universe of billions of similar, we shuld have fun fun FUN!!!

And bugger all to anyone that says anything else :)

5. A lot of my existential philosophy comes from Monty Python... pretty odd. :cool:

A little bit of Machiavelli here and there.

6. That is quite perplexing. I've never really considered this too much...However if we have the technology that keeps track of time, how could it differ as times passes? I can see where time becomes less noticeable as it passes while older because as you age time likely becomes more expected, goals are set, and more of it passes with less activity than when you were younger, learning more, gaining experience and such, if that makes sense.

7. I've been wondering if time may pass differently for whatever reason/reasons, for different species. I mean, for a fly with a life span of 24 hours, do you think they live a lifetime by our definition of a lifetime in that span? For the tortoise, is our hour hand their second hand?

8. You make a valid question in this...

9. damn, that was an eye-opener. +rep

Although since we're human and we're conscious of what the average lifespan is, if we die earlier then we would feel like we got screwed. Cant put it into words well but maybe our higher consciousness creates a much different perception of time?

10. thx for rep 4ction, I'm glad I'm not the only one that ponders these things.

11. I think of the Universe and Life and such in mostly a scientific and logical way. However I rule out NO possibilites for anything. I believe ANYTHING is possible.

Think about what we know, humans I mean. Basically, the surface of the Earth, and a little bit beyond the atmosphere. The conclusions we've drawn are based on a single Planet. We know a bit about the Moon, and a bit about Mars, but basically we don't know anything comparied to the knowledge of Earth.

Stars vary in size immensly in the Universe, our own (The Sun) is relatively small. Whats to stop a bigger sun out there, with it's own planits orbiting them, that one of the planets could support life? Logically, the conditions on this planet would be VERY different from our own. Even if there wasn't life, would the properties of matter and such still apply? How would we know? Until we have the capability to travel huge distances very fast, we won't know.

Also think about this, where would the Dinosaurs be at now if they hadn't have died off? I mean, humans have only been around for a few blinks of an eye as far as how old the Earth is. Seriously, if the Dinosaurs survived, I could see them flying around in spaceships. Millions of years is a hell of a long time to progress...

I am a believe in Evolution, however, I don't rule out the explinations of others views at all. There is absolutely no way I can prove my opinions 100%, but then again, neither can anybody else. That's why I leave all possiblities open.

I have broken time down into a line. From then (whenever) to now, is absolutely a straight line. What has happened, has happened, and theres nothing you can do to change it. However, from this moment on, there are an infinite amount of lines to choose from. At this very moment, I might jump up and dance, or break a window, or make a sandwich. I have the choice to do whatever I want, and so does every other person in the world (I'd hope so at least). Fate, in my opinion, is coincidence recognized.

Drugs, meh, I hate that term. If a rabbit in a forest eats a Magic Mushroom, does that make him a "Drug" user? I belive that the advanced state of human conciousness and free-will created the need for the term, but I also think we're all just rabbits in the forest, just a little smarter.

Think about that. Of all the thousands.....no millions of species on the planet, Humans are the only ones capable of concious thought? I think every species on the planet is capable of it, just humans have gotten to the point where we won't let them get there.

I want to write a book someday, I think about this stuff all the time.

*smokes a bowl*

Then again, maybe the Dinosaurs survived, and built super advanced computers. And we're all just characters in "The Sims". Our concious thought is actually pre-thought out from the Dinosaurs. I'm sure happy they put Marijuana into the program though.

Thanks Dinosaurs!:hello: :wave: :smoking: