Toker's Goodies

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by TokersAnonymous, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Hello GC! I enjoy baking and making sweets. I have a couple recipes I would like to share, not only because I think they taste good, but others like them too! Here are a couple to start with:

Zucchini Bread: Perfect for every breakfast. This recipe makes 4 loaves of bread, so you can half it if you don't want to make that many. However, it usually goes fast and you can freeze some for mid-winter.

Ingredients:
    6 eggs
    2 C oil - I prefer canola, vegetable is fine too.
    3 C sugar
    4 tsp vanilla extract

2 tsp salt
    4 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    6 tsp cinnamon

4 C flour
    4 C grated zucchini

4 greased loaf pans, I also spread some cinnamon-sugar around the sides and along the bottom, to minimize sticking.

Preheat oven to 350. Beat eggs. Add oil, sugar, and vanilla. Then mix in salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Use a spatula at this stage so the mixture is evenly dispersed, primarily for the cinnamon's sake. Add flour.
    Grate up your zucchini, a salad shooter works well, but recently I have had access to a food processor with a grater on it, it makes perfect sized zucchini pieces. Add grated zucchini to the batter, mix well.

Pour as evenly as you can into the 4 loaf pans. Technically the recipe calls for 45-60 minutes of baking time. I have been baking them for 52 minutes as of late. The humidity seems to be a factor.
    Remove from oven and let set for 5 minutes. Remove from pans and place onto cooling grates until cool. Double-wrap them in aluminum foil, seems to preserve them well. You can eat immediately, or refrigerate them if it is hot. If you are to freeze them, 2 loaves will fit in a plastic gallon bag.

East End Bars: Sweet, rich, and delicious. A "No-Bake" recipe.

1/2 C butter/margarine
    5 TBS baking cocoa
    1 egg
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/4 C sugar
    1/2 C walnuts
    1 C coconut
    2 C graham cracker crumbs.

Combine crackers, coconut, and walnuts in a separate bowl.

Place butter in a double boiler. Add sugar, cocoa, vanilla, and egg. Stir until butter has melted and mixture resembles custard. Add this to the cracker mixture and blend well.

Grease lightly a 9 x 13 pan, press the mixture into the pan. It usually gets stuck to your fingers, so if you can use a wooden spoon, that might work too.

Spread with the following:
    1/4 C butter/margarine (3/8 C)
    3 TBS milk (4 1/2 TBS)
    2 TBS instant pudding mix (3 TBS) -
    I use vanilla, you can use chocolate if you wish.
    2 C powdered sugar (3 C)
    The quantities on the right is 1 1/2x the recipe, so I recommend those values if you want to have enough to cover the base.
    Cream (or melt) the butter, add milk and pudding. Blend with sugar. Spread over chocolatey base. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Melt 3/4 package of semi-sweet choco chips and 1 TBS shortening. Spread over top and keep it in the fridge.

Hopefully this all makes sense, I've been up for a very long time and will double check tomorrow to see if I typed it right lol! If anyone has any questions lemme know, I hope to add more in the future!

2. eggs with no bake? thats not dangerous??

3. Place butter in a double boiler. Add sugar, cocoa, vanilla, and egg.

It's not baked, but it is cooked...I think.

4. Ohh.... thats what i get for not reading... yeah, that should count as cooked....

5. I would say by heating the egg, it is considered cooked. Never thought of that, to be honest with you.