Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Toke after dental work?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by HighTexan, Jan 13, 2016.

1. #1 HighTexan, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2016
    What's up GC, just had a permanent crown put on one of my lower teeth, I was wondering if it's alright to smoke after. I got it done at 11:00 today. I smoked about an hour after they put on my temporary crown but I also felt no pain then, as it somewhat hurts this time around. Any feedback or tips would be appreciated!

Edit: I said screw it and smoked.

2. I'm pretty sure you're ok. The only time I wouldn't smoke is after a wisdom tooth extraction, as dry mouth can cause dry socket, which hurts a lot.

I would drink liquids and avoid having a dry mouth, a dry mouth has more bacteria.

3. I actually straight up asked my dentist if I could smoke, right after I was done with a fillings appointment. At first he looked at me like "wtf?" but then he was just like "yeah, thats fine" lol

So I doubt very highly there should be a problem with that, I mean, its not like the thing has to go through a natural curing and drying process or some shit. lol

4. You are ok. I used to smoke before dental surgury, and halfway through the root canal, I asked the dentist if I could take a break to smoke a joint. He said no, so I waited till i got outside the dentist office and sparked one up with bleeding gums. Did the same thing with cigarettes. No problem.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I smoked a lot after I got my wisdom teeth pulled. I just kept my gauze in to avoid dry sockets. It helped the pain a lot and made me less stressed. Good times 🏽

6. Yes me too. Experienced it too. I had my tooth extraction near our place. Before I had the procedure, alexandria va dentist asked me if I smoke. The dentist told me when to smoke. They had the best service; but, I can't help but not to smoke after few hours. You just need to be brave!