Today is the start of the sixth day of the Mayan Calendar

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by NFloyd2357, Nov 14, 2008.

1. I just saw this, so i'm reading up on it. I don't know enough to really explain it yet, but heres some info from another site...

this seems important, im surprised i didnt see this thread already here

http://www.astroalchemy.com/articles/mayan.html

2. well, i cant teleport so i guess it hasnt happend yet :(

3. lol.

Anyway, the Mayan calendar is being blown way out of proportion. I mean what are people going to say when 2012 passes and nothing happened? Will there be some crafty explanation or just silence from those who post this kind of stuff? By the way that site offers:

[SIZE=-1]Types of consultations and prices:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=-1]First-time natal chart and cycles for the year: $170[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=-1]Yearly updates: $150[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=-1]Relationship comparison with cycles for two: $250[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=-1]Quickie updates via email: $50
      [/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=-1]Relocation options/best locations using Solar Maps: $100[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=-1]Typed-out consultation (new option!): $225[/SIZE]

rofl! :wave:

4. I must warn you, NatureFaerie; I'm feeling a little aroused ;)

5. haha I will take that as a high compliment. ;)

6. me want teleport! goo ga gah

7. no no, im not talking about the end of the world or anything. The mayan calendar works in cycles. Each of these days has had similar consequences in every time they have passed. We just entered the 6th day. The last sixths days were generations like: discovery of fire and tools - the rennaissance - flower children/counter culture/1960's. Basically, theres a lot of people who feel we act on some higher power or something (forgive me i started reading on this stuff today, dont know much) and whatever day we are in is like... the type of path we follow. I don't know, i good google search would give you a heck of a lot more than what i can tell you right now,

and hey, they gotta make money somehow

8. Yeah I got what you were saying. I was very thankful this wasn't another end of the world thread actually. However, I still don't find any of this very credible. I am always a skeptic of websites that have 1 page "reports" then the rest of their site is about them and their services. I am not trying to discourage you or anything, but don't be suprised when the calendar rolls around another 20, 40, 60+ years...etc.

9. no i agree, it was just the site i was on when i posted. But historically speaking, the mayan calendar can, and has told us a lot. thats what im interested in. You can find the information on more credible sites if you feel like looking. I don't known about the whole inter-galactic, other aliens, ascending to higher consciousness or anything; but looking into the mayan calendar and the way its worked with history is very very interesting

10. I agree as well. I became very interesting in it a few years back. I saw some Nostradamus show on the History Channel and heard something about the calendar. I researched quite a bit and found some cool things, but soon after I got lost in a pool of conspiracy freaks. It was disappointing because a lot of the real stuff was just swallowed by end world scenarios, aliens, etc. The problem is people want more than the truth on issues like this.

:wave:

11. it also dosnt have to be the end of the world, it could be a metaphor to the end of the world saying the end of how things are and a new beginning. ( if that makes sense im smoking atm)

so in 2012 it could be instead of us all dieing, something amazing happens?

eghh idk

really dont care either way, im pretty happy with my life

12. yea i hear ya...
    i've been kinda interested in all kinds of things revolving around enlightenment, and thats how i stumbled upon this, with the whole mayan calendar leading to enlightenment and whatnot. sometimes i like to be naively ambitious, i guess it feels good to hope and dream lol. but either way, im gonna keep reading this stuff, if anything, its at least food for thought.

13. i've been talking about this with my girl earlier before we smoked,

I believe that in 2012 rather than the end of the world, it starts a new era and way of living...

but she dosnt believe so.

this is what she said

either every war will clear up and the world unites, people will stop dying and every cure for disease is found, knowledge abounds and the world is beautiful again?
    or we all die
    seeing our current course
    : im taking the more logical of the two
    we're all gunna die.

14. thats essentially what this is about...

The Galactic Creation Cycle is the Apocalypse </I>
    What may be even less commonly realized is that the Galactic Cycle is identical with what in Christian terminology is called the Apocalypse, the Revelation taking place in the completing phase of Creation. That indeed the Galactic Cycle is the Apocalypse is clear, not only because of the relatively cryptic mention in the Book of Revelation of the tun (12:6 and 12:14), but above all through the many sequences of Seven that are described in said Book; Seven angels, Seven spirits, Seven trumpets etc. These are the sequences of Seven DAYS that are all at the same time, October 28, 2011, going towards their completion. The main message of the Book of Revelation is Seven, and the Apocalypse is what is happening now. Contrary to popular opinion, the Apocalypse is however not the end of the world, or at least it is not meant to be. The Book of Revelation ends with a world freed of pain and suffering that is the end of the world as we know it.

The second noteworthy thing is that the year set for the accomplishment of this mission, 2012, coincides with what to the rest of the world has become known as the ending year of the Mayan calendar; 2012. (Actually the true date for the completion of the cosmic plan is October 28, 2011, but it would lead too far to go into why). Although this concordance of the dates was not originally known to Kalki, it does provide for a unification of the world views of the East and the West on a new and higher level. In fact, that Kalki, and the prophet who originally pronounced this prophecy to him, did not originally know about the existence of the Mayan calendar, makes this confluence of dates all the more telling and remarkable. It points to the reality of the Mayan calendar that in certain aspects can be intuitively accessed by any inhabitant of this planet, and truly independently verifies the existence of a cosmic time plan that the majority of humanity is still oblivious to.