Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Today is my first day.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Kaylyn, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Hi guys, kind of new here.. Today's my first day without weed. I'm quitting because my tolerance is too high and I can barely afford it right now anyway.. Not even a day in and I'm ready to give up... I'm hopelessly, psychologically addicted. When I don't have it I'm angry and depressed to the extreme. I know I should be exercising, going out, and doing stuff to help myself get through it, but I have a 2 month old that barely allows me to shower lol...and pretending to be happy for him is really hard... Does anyone have any tips to make this transition easier? I know there are a few other posts like this already, but I'm desperate... Should I just give up and keep smoking? I've already failed at quitting many times.... I just want to ENJOY smoking again (and actually get high) I've already considered driving to Colorado just to get some edibles, taking 4 or 5 of those would do the trick...thanks in advance for any replies, just helps having someone to vent to sometimes..

2. also, just wanted to say that I've quit for a month or more before... Then I'll smoke again and the first high or 2 will be good, but then after that its back to having a high tolerance.... maybe I need to upgrade to dabs or something lol

3. My advice is to give it more than one day.

4. The first few days are the hardest, after that it should be a little easier.

I would recommend edibles or moving to concentrates.

5. Do you need it, or do you want it? A lot of people have been there, including myself, and the best way is too smoke less often, no matter how difficult it may be to adjust. You might also need to take a t-break longer than 4 months.

6. I don't know much about pregnancy and whatnot but maybe the depression is attributed to post-partum? Many women get depressed shortly after giving birth. Give it some time and don't let weed be your only crutch to happiness. You have a baby that can shower you with joy if you turn your attention that way!

7. thank you guys for all your comments! I'm embarrassed to admit that I won't be quitting lol... while I do miss getting truly baked, just smoking and getting a little buzzed is good enough for me... smoking keeps me in a great mood and I even just love the ritual of it... I know one of these days I'll get my hands on some edibles and get as high as I used to!

8. and mistahsparkles, thank you for that :) my little guy can always make me happy no matter how down I feel... babies are truly a gift!