Today in philosophy class...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Mortikai, Oct 24, 2008.

1. ... there were only about 12 out of the 30 students, but we were the most involved in the discussion I'd ever seen us.

Naturally, we were talking about Drug legalization. All drug legalization, from a chapter in our textbook. Well this led to comparisons of the drugs and such and we eventually of course got on the topic of good ol' MJ.

The teacher brings up how, in contrast to the ill-effects of cigs, marijuana can be used positively in a medicinal manner and asks if we're familiar with California's laws, naming off a few things that it can treat like cancer, arthritis, etc.

Well this one guy picks up where she stops and just names off like another 15 in his small shpeal.

I pick up right after him to talk about how it can also be used in textiles.

The teacher is like "oh yeah, they can grow non-THC plants...Hemp"

Guy beside me tosses out "It's the world's strongest natural fiber..."

And by this point my teacher is just kinda laughing "So I see ya'll are pretty well versed in this.."

A different guy up at the front of the room was like "Well...this is Appalachian..."

I lol'd, good day in class.:hello:

2. #2 fvaambush, Oct 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2008
    I want to go to App State... I should be heading up to Boone/Asheville area soon as it nears snowboarding season :devious:

My friend takes philosophy though, sounds like a very interesting class. I wish my school offered it

3. We offer a few philosophy courses up here. This one that i'm in is Philosophy, Society, and Ethics. It's a pretty good course.

And yeah, idk if u saw my other thread but i just picked up the rest of my snowboarding gear that I needed for the season. I can't wait for it to start comin down.

4. Wordd I cant wait man. If I wasn't such a broke mother fucker I'd go out and get a good board. Everythings expensive right now though..

5. Yeah, I kinda splurged on my snowboard. I got the '09 Forum Destroyer. It's a beautiful, beautiful board.

6. haha.. i know someone that lives on king street, by the new boone saloon

7. lol boone.

lol philosophy.

8. I'm actually starting intro to philosophy the next semester... Can't wait for that.

9. my philosophy midterm is comin up on Monday. Been talkin recently about if we all really do have free will or not and proving/disproving the existence of god n all that shit.

10. Ah, I'm from the area and I've heard such good things about Boone. I'm glad your student body is as well versed as you are in this area. I'm more glad that your professor is, though, not all of mine are that intelligent but an impressive amount are.