today in health class

Discussion in 'General' started by Outcast, Mar 11, 2013.

1. yes health class, op is highschool faggot etc ok . today in health class i saw a poster on the wall that said MARIJUANA in scary big letters. it then said "how to help someone with marijuana addiction" ..

i was not sure if this was a professional troll or what kind of madness is this

2. If you are one of those people who claim weed isnt addictive or bad at all, stop lying to yourself. I am addicted to bud, i honestly feel physical withdrawal if i dont smoke a while. I cant eat or sleep well without bud. I have known kids that were so desperate to get high they would steal shit from their friends for a twenty bag. So dont go making assumptions man

3. The potential is there for addiction: just like any other substance on the face of the planet. Some people do need help with their addictions.

4. Marijuana can be psychologically addictive, but its not physically addictive. All that means is you won't face the withdrawals of stopping drinking or stopping unmentionables that start with H. It can still change your behavior if you cut it out too quickly.

5. This. When I was young I did some fucked up shit for weed.

6. i would honesty like to argue this, my sources being personal experience. If I dont get high for a day I start getting pretty bad headaches, I feel sick in my stomach and barely eat, and it is extremely hard for me to get to sleep at night. So if those arent physical symptoms that I get when i dont smoke pot, then i dont know what is

7. when you start getting cold sweats, hot and cold, throwing up all day, cramping up, feel like you got buds crawling under your skin come talk to me.

8. seems like you guys are just trying to one up each other on who is sicker... That's cool..... I guess, its just like every other drug, like if you stop caffeine cold turkey, your body is going to have to adjust just like with everything else... but your body isn't craving it and freaking out as a real addiction would be, im not saying it's fake, you can have an addiction to lawn clippings, im talking a physical addiction, everyone has physical addictions to anything, could be someone's favorite coffee cup and you can't drink out of any other cup cause it wouldn't be right

9. 18 year olds are usually seniors at most. Seniors don't take health class. Therefore....

10. i was addicted to chocolate once.....really hard time for 2-3 days

11. My guess would be those are caused by psychological stress which can cause some chemical imbalances. Im not trying to tell you those aren't real, because they definitely are. Im just saying that those are different than physical withdrawals. Im currently in psychology and i've also had to quit cigarettes and that craving became my whole life, my world became centered around it. Not trying to start a flame war though, sorry if that sounded rude.

12. Seriously? You don't go to his school. Who's to say he didn't choose take a Health elective. Don't say that's impossible either because my school offered it.

Anyways on topic with addiction. Marijuana can definitely be psychologically addictive. As far as physically, once you experience withdrawal from so devil substances headaches, lack of sleep and lack of appetite doesn't sounds bad. But to each is own. It could be cake for me but he'll for someone else. Although I will agree if I stop smoking I do feel shitty for a day or two.

13. [​IMG]

where the fuck have you been getting your weed from? I smoked for about 5 months straight, every fucking day, then suddenly stopped for a week. not a single withdrawal. YES i wanted to get high, but could not, so I shrugged it off.

14. glad to know we got people like you in the city keeping us safe from all those underage posters. :rolleyes:

no. not really. please just mind your own business and stop acting like sherlock homes over here. :wave:

15. You might want to take a look at my List. It's a collection of MMJ studies and articles. (You can see an old version by clicking that first link in my sig.) To get the 2013 "Granny Storm Crow's MMJ List", check out the bottom of my sig. Or you could always PM me your email address.

I encourage everyone who gets a copy of the List to share it with their friends. It can be useful when you are confronted by someone spouting the old myths! :devious:

Let's say a person is claiming "Pot causes lung cancer! :mad:". You just go down the List until you find "CANCER- LUNG" and then you pull out a few goodies like these-

{Delta}-9 Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits growth and metastasis of lung cancer.
    (abst - 2007)
    http://www.aacrmeetingabstracts.org...searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=1760&resourcetype=HWCIT

Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows (news – 2007)
    [FONT=&quot]Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows[/FONT]

Doubts about the role of cannabis in causing lung cancer. (letter - 2008)
    Doubts about the role of cannabis in causing lung cancer

Delta9-Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits epithelial growth factor-induced lung cancer cell migration in vitro as well as its growth and metastasis in vivo. (abst – 2008) Delta9-Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits epithelial gro... [Oncogene. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI

Decrease of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 may contribute to the anti-invasive action of cannabidiol on human lung cancer cells. (abst - 2010) Decrease of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 may ... [Pharm Res. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI

And when it comes time for you to do that college paper you have dreamed about, my List has all the studies you could possibly need! :yay:

Granny :wave:

16. Quality post Storm Crow as always.

Pot addiction is as possible as any other addiction, because addiction does not require the substance to cause the addiction, you can become addicted to anything.

17. Quality post Storm Crow, as always.

Pot addiction is as possible as any other addiction, because addiction does not require the substance to cause the addiction, you can become addicted to anything.

18. I think "pot addiction" in more in line with my needing thyroid on a daily basis. There is a theory of...

Clinical Endocannabinoid Deficiency (full - 2004)
    Clinical Endocannabinoid Deficiency (CECD) - Russo

...where the body does not make enough endocannabinoids (your body's version of THC) and health problems follow. If you are one of these folks, your body adjusts to the extra cannabinoids that toking provides. When you quit, you are suddenly lacking the cannabinoids that you lack and you feel bad! :(

I think that this is why some folks have withdrawals, and others don't!

Granny :wave:

19. MJ being addictive no fucking way i quit weed so manny times I've lost count I switch jobs b/c school get in the way of work schedule but anyways only time I had withdraw Symptoms was quitting cigarets seeing shit body hurts felt like I was going crazy but It depends on the person I'm health run workout if your week anything can break you look up who addictive weed is coffee is more addictive so no need to over react on some poster I'd rip it down or wright light a blunt with him/ her under it

20. Thank you detective. Ill send this one to the chief.

No but seriously weed can be addicting if it becomes a regular thing. Edit-maybe a better way to say this is "weed can possibly be slightly addictive"

For example: You use weed before you eat. You have a drug test and cant smoke. While on your break it may seen hard to eat because your used to smoking before eating.

Another: You smoke every night before bed. Get sick and cant smoke for a few days/weeks. The next few nights it maybe hard to sleep because your body is used to you smoking before bed.

Thats more of my opinion and experience so take it however you would like.