Today at work, a homeless guy w/ no pants on asked me for money & a cigarette, so I g

Discussion in 'General' started by Jeffersong808, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Today at work, a homeless guy w/ no pants on asked me for money & a cigarette, so I gave him $5 & a Black And Mild :)
    Yay for good karma :D

2. Helping people out is the way to live life, respect my dude :)

3. Shoulda given the dude some pants

4. What if he's allergic?

5. nice one man, live the good life :)

6. LOL thats what all myfriends said XD

7. thanks man you too toke up :D

8. its actually bad karma, you helped the individual not because you wanted to but because you expected good things to happen for yourself in return. therefore you are a selfish selfish person OP!!!!

lol jk good stuff man. lets just hope he does some good with that 5$

9. Yea, hopefully he can invest in some pants.

10. I think all homeless who don't work or even collect cans should be mulched up into dog food. They're pretty useless and just go around taking peoples earned money, it's not my fault they fucked up their life. They'll get my hard earned money if they dance.

If you really want to help him out, buy him a tall can 6 pack, that'll put a smile on his face.

11. i dont think its good karma if you are expecting good karma from it.......................

12. I think karma is bullshit, but doing good things for other people isn't very often a bad thing. It elevates your mood, and the guy has hopefully gained from it your generosity. Win-win.

13. Altruism doesn't exist, everyone (either consciously or otherwise) acts purely out of self interest. Besides, I don't think the guy looking for a cig really cares.

14. exactly what im saying man, but hell i mean dude could have done some harm to ya if he wanted too.

15. personally i would never give them money, i would buy them food though, cause you don't know what they are using that money with,...could be for drugs, thats why you buy the stuff they need for them...provided its not drugs

16. you let the dude walk away still without pants on?

what a dick

17. It's more a deed for yourself if you brag about it, as you're doing. The cig just helped him kill himself a little faster, and I would be surprised if he spent the money on anything but intoxicants. You're enabling their condition.
    Homeless people prey on the those who aren't used to seeing them and are therefore more moved by their condition. I used to work as a valet at the biggest intersection in downtown Charlotte and I would see the same dudes day after day. They typically lounge on the benches all day shooting shit and occasionally asking a tourist for cash (tourists are easy to pick out by how they move around in downtown environments). Most of them are lazy and have a sad line that will get them a couple bucks.

18. Good for you! Keep some humanity around... Hopefully he can get some food and pants

19. you don't know how everyone acts dude. you probably don't even KNOW everyone, you know?

20. smooth move dude. The other week I was in Toronto to see Blue Rodeo and on the way back to the train I only saw one homeless man asking for money. He was on the other side of a fence so I took a few minutes to find my way around so I could give him a fresh 20 bill and offer him some of my pizza. Poor guy was no where to be seen.