Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tobbaco in Joints

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by GroTrees, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Ya, mixing with tobacco is definitely a european thing. I was in the Netherlands for about 4 months last year. Most people there only smoke joints, you never see people using bowls, I guess because they aren't worried about conserving. Not when you can buy it legally all over the country. Also, I think the reason they mix it with tobacco is because the weed there is much stronger than most of the stuff in the US. Its hard to smoke an entire joint of this stuff if you don't "water it down" a little. Also, for the most part they use real, high quality rolling tobacco, which tastes about a million times better than a marlboro IMO. The two actually mix pretty well.

2. You're right, it does make rolling easier too. It also burns a lot better and more evenly if done right.

3. I think that must be a UK thing & Australia...& I know the 2 countries just adore each other, but I'd love to go to Australia & NZ...they both look beautiful. Ah well, 1 day...:hippie:

4. If I wanted a cig, I'd have one, but I wouldn't mix it with weed. You'd get the same result mixing it or not, so why ruin the taste? But if it's shit weed, go ahead I guess...

5. I agree with Dirt King...I like the taste of good weed & wouldn't want to ruin it with tobacco. I don't see the reasoning mixing tobacco with weed. Must be easier to roll for the peeps that have difficulty rolling a joint. :hippie:

6. i aint rich so i dont put that much in a joint if i put .5 in a joint then obviously im gonna get a shitty burn rate...so i add tobacco problem solved...

Plus its just the way we do it....lol

Glad to see your stil around zoltron..

7. Hey Frank, how've ya been? I stopped by at the other place & didn't even recognize the joint [pun intended]...big changes.

Anyway, now I understand why you guys do that -- don't need as much weed in the joint. That's 1 reason I've preferred pipes to joints...actually bongs are my 1st preference, but when mobile, they're just a little cumbersome.

Good seeing you, Frank...say 'high' to my little buddy Jebus for me please...thanks, bud. :hippie:

8. i'll mix a joint with ciggarette tabaco if im low on bud and dont wanna smoke a toothpick joint. i like em mostley strait though but mixing gives u a diff high cause of the tabaco i guess its more or a lightheaded dizzy thing

or sumthing...

diferent strokes for different folks, i like that.. lol

9. I use rolling tobacco it helps the joint burn better and also I think most people in this country(uk) were taught that way so it's kind of a tradition.
    I mostly smoke hash so I need tobacco really and just prefer it with weed.

10. yeah but can you englishmen roll or smoke a blunt? :D *touche

11. Well i'm female but my Englishman can roll perfectly and has been doing so for 25 years.I can roll but not as good as him.

12. ...*shakes head* ..if i wanted to smoke tobbaco i would smoke cigs.

nothing but pure mj in my joints.

zoltron i too wish to visit australia and middle earth (NZ)
    that place looks fucking amazing!

13. Most definitely, easy rider, that part of the world looks beautiful & is far enough away from all the madness, they'd probably be the sole survivors in a nuclear holocaust. Let me know if you decide to go...maybe we can get a discount. :hippie:

14. I almost always smoke Js with tobacco. I found a few advantages to this... Can use less trees, burns perfect, rolls perfect, more of an up, i like the taste, i can take bigger hits because i am a tobacco smoker.. for some reason it seems smoother to me. I dont know, just personal prefrence.

15. Same here Sean it's just personal preference,there is no right way or wrong way to smoke no matter what you smoke.

16. Even when I'm light on weed, I just roll a pinner. The bud's good enough to give me a high anyways, why add tobacco?!

17. To be honest with you, smoked out 420, in the 35 yrs I've been getting high, I've never heard of or smoked a joint with tobacco in it. I think it might be an English or European thing, but I don't know for sure. I've just never seen anyone in the U.S. do that. It may be happening somewhere here, but it's neglected to come my way since 1969. :hippie:

18. ill be sure to pm you :D anybody from new zealand out there in the city? i envy youso! ..being able to sit on a green grassy hill in teh sunshine but look to your right and see white sand and the sparkling ocean ...turn to your left to see towering snow covered mountains..arghhh! i hear they got great bud too ..someday zoltron, someday :)

19. yes there is no right or wrong way, you jus wont find an american who will pull out a dime bag and a bag of tabaccy :) i must amit when my friend pulled out the baccy and started mixing it with the weed i was like wtf are you doing!?!?! he then explained, this is how we do it in europe. i sampled his way, wasnt impressed, pulled out a blunt, spit it split it and rolled it. needless to say, he thought my way was better :D although he wasnt used to amount of weed we smoked and couldnt understand he thought it more of a waste.