Tobacco Mosaic Virus?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by NoTEquaL, Mar 22, 2013.

1. I have recently done some massive researching due to my plant health. I am now half convinced they have TMV.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

You can see the blistering, Leaf curling, and bleaching.

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this virus and what you suggest I should do. My plants are 5 weeks old, I would rather trash them now if I have to rather than waiting 3 months and harvesting garbage.

2. I don't know why you would think that? Are you willing to give us a bit of information?

We need all the info on your grow including:

What type of medium; soil or hydro?
    What brand and type of soil?
    Indoors or outdoors?
    What strain?
    How old are the plants?
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    How far from the lights?
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    What size pots?
    Any bugs? Look real close.
    Any other pertinent info?

If any of these questions have already been answered please disregard as I cut and paste this for everyone.

If there is leaf discoloration please TAKE PICTURES WITH ALL GROW LIGHTS OFF, ESPECIALLY HPS & LED's. Taking pictures and taking them with lights off, allows us to see what the leaf discoloration looks like.

3. #4 NoTEquaL, Mar 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2013
    Id like to think I keep all my specs near optimal but here I go.

Its an ebb and grow system. Six buckets with a screen about 8inches above buckets for a scrog. plants are currently 5 weeks old and my ppms are in the 500 range which has treated my plants very well lately. im using the lucas formula at half strength. I flood every 4 hours for 15 minutes. I change my nutes every 10 days. i got a sealed room 4x8 by 6ft tall with 2x1000 watt lights running at 60% 600wats per light about 24inches above canopy. the room temp is in the high 70s with co2 enrichment (co2 stays around 1500ppm). res temp stays between 68-72 degrees. rh is around 30% all time. my ph is 5.8. ive inspected plants for pests and have found nothing. The plants are super lemon haze and northern lights.

did i miss anything?

4. Have you been adding anything for manganese? That's what it appears to me, instead of the virus.

5. No, but i use tap water that stands at 190ppm. Should I add Mag and Cal? or just Mag?

6. I believe your simply missing manganese. Foliar feed with any chemical fertilizer containing Mn., and add it to your ferts and see if they improve?

7. Should I add at the recommended label strength or half like my nutes?

8. Manganese chelate, Manganese carbonate, Manganese chloride, Manganese dioxide, Manganese oxide, Manganese sulfate, which are all fast absorption. I'd go for half strength, and foliage feed also.

9. ill try that. hopefully thats my problem. ty

10. what is the pH of your tap water? like right out of the tap?

if it is higher than 7.0, chances are that your water department is using sodium bi-carbonate to raise the pH of your water. even if you lower your pH, high levels of sodium is a big no no for mary jane. MJ hates the element Na. if true (your pH is above 7), stop using tap water immediately.

11. From my water company:

In the source water reservoirs and prior to treatment plant, ferric chloride is added to aid in the control of phosphorus. At the treatment plant, chemicals added consist of alum for coagulation, lime for softening, ferric chloride for improved settling, fluoride for dental hygiene, carbon dioxide for pH stabilization, chlorine and ammonia for disinfection, and tin chloride and sodium hydroxide for corrosion control.

12. Boy... ain't you on the ball, well done.

13. Whatever it is... It's getting worse:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I am gonna go buy some Mag now and flush with water then do a nute change.

14. what is the pH of your tap water? PPM/ECs?

if your PPM right from the tap is over 150PPM/0.2-0.3mS (EC measurement) you should start using distilled water and/or RO water. some strains may be more salt tolerant than others, but MJ can be quite a picky plant and it does not like sodium.

15. Ph: 6.9
    ppm: 120

16. thats not so bad. what is the pH and PPM of your nutrient solution that your roots are in?

17. What Mangnese is ideal for hydro?

18. PH: 5.8
    PPM: 790 (including tap ppm)
    Nutrient PPM: 670

19. I hope your not confusing Mg. with Mn? Were talking Mn. (Manganese)